190 Cummins Highway
Teachers who thrive at Brooke High tend to be entrepreneurial instructors and hungry learners who crave frequent, high-quality feedback on their practice. They also have a great deal of passion and expertise in their content area that they are eager to share with students. The 11th Grade World History Teacher will teach up to four sections of 20-30 students in each. The World History curriculum will span content ranging from pre-history to present day.
Each teacher is also responsible for serving as an advisor. Advisors will serve as student mentors and parent communication liaisons for a small single gender group of students. Advisories will meet twice daily; each day will begin with a short check in and end with a 25-minute advisory session. Additionally, advisories will engage in weekly classes designed around college information and character education.
Teachers’ hours are 7:45-4:00 daily, with the student academic day running from 8:00-2:05 on Mondays and 8:00-3:45 on other days. Teachers may elect to lead an after-school extra-curricular club or coach a sport for an additional stipend. In the summer of 2018, new teacher PD will begin on July 16, and the school year will begin in late August.
A successful Brooke High School 11th Grade World History Teacher will ensure that all Brooke scholars feel challenged and known.
- Bachelor’s degree leading to deep knowledge of World History.
- Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience as a classroom teacher (excluding student teaching, practicum, or international teaching experience)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues
- Commitment to ensuring academic success for all students
- Shared dedication to Brooke’s mission and organizational values
- Excellent teamwork, communication, initiative, urgency, and positivity
Minimum Education Required