Details: The hourly wage is $20.08 per hour plus benefits
7900 Edgewater Drive
Are you interested in using your development associate experience to make the difference in the lives of 116,000 Alameda County residents every month? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
The Development Associate works collaboratively to provide critical development operations and administrative support to the Development Department with emphasis on gift processing, donor customer service, data management, and reconciliation using Blackbaud CRM database (BBCRM). This individual will be part of a high performing development team of 22 staff members working to raise funds and awareness about ACCFB’s mission. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: processing gifts, interacting effectively and professionally with donors and ensuring data accuracy.
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 31 million meals annually, through partnership with 200 community organizations, is the core of our efforts – which also include nationally-recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition and wellness, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 11 consecutive years, ranking us among the top 1 percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 1-2 years of previous administrative support experience, preferably in a development department
· High level of quality assurance with great attention to detail in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work
· Proficiency using the MS Office Suite and relational databases
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills including but not limited to empathy, tact, patience, negotiation and assessment with internal and external customers
· Excellent judgment and ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
· Available for occasional work functions outside of normal work hours
· Able to adapt quickly, and use logic and reasoning to help identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
Personal Attributes and Values:
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
Ability to sit for long periods of time and use computer for long periods of time. Ability to conduct tours in warehouse on a regular basis. Valid driver’s license. Occasional off-site duties as necessary. Ability to attend functions/activities outside of normal work hours. The following physical activities are necessary in the performance of this job: ability to read and write in English. Ability to use a computer to accomplish the duties of the position, including writing and seeing. Ability to think strategically and to communicate expectations and establish priorities.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The hourly wage is $20.08 per hour. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Optional
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
- Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
- Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage.
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service.
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents.
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.