290 Lenox Ave
We are seeking a Case Manager for our 48 bed Apartment Treatment program in Harlem.
SUMMARY: Delivers rehabilitative and restorative services to an assigned caseload of adult residents in transitional housing setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that residents are living in safe, clean environments compliant with OMH rules and regulations
- Provides at least 4 billable, face-to-face services to residents a month, 2 of which are in residents’ apartment
- Ensures residents have adequate ADL skills by demonstrating, training and coaching
- Assists residents with assessing needs and strengths to set goals and objectives
- Complete initial admission note and initial service plan in compliance with regulations
- Enter progress notes in AWARDS electronic case records immediately following all client contact
- Ensures that residents are linked to all necessary ancillary services including psychiatric, medical and dental treatment, vocational and educational resources, and legal and financial entitlements.
- Provides crisis intervention in acute episodes of emotional and physical distress in order to contain resident’s regression and to ensure the safety of residents.
- Represents the agency at conferences and meetings of referral sources, treatment providers and professional and community groups.
- Monitors and evaluates whether or not residents’ needs have been met by the ancillary services and make recommendations to supervisor
- Assist residents with entitlements, budgeting and managing utilities.
- Ensure that furnishings, livings and household items meet agency standards.
- Escorts residents to housing, benefits, and psychiatric/medical appointments when required
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field, Master’s or continuing education in social work or MHC preferred. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with adults, who have a severe, persistent mental illness with or without substance abuse history. Good interpersonal and writing skills are required. Good computer skills and knowledge of AWARDS or an electronic health record system.
Competitive Benefits includes:
Paid Time Off
401 K Retirement Savings
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required