ACTION is a partnership of 15 locally rooted organizations around the world that advocate for life-saving care for millions of people who are threatened by preventable diseases. We work to enhance our impact, influence, and partnership to galvanize political will around the sustainable development agenda.
Our mission is to influence policy and mobilize resources to fight diseases of poverty and achieve equitable access to health. In 2017, ACTION launched its Strategic Framework for 2017–2021 to focus its advocacy on three thematic pillars: 1) ending the epidemics; 2) giving all children a healthy start, with equal opportunity for girls and women to thrive; and 3) building equitable and sustainable systems. These pillars represent objectives that we seek to achieve by enhancing our impact, influence, and partnership, so we can galvanize political will to achieve the ambitious sustainable development agenda.
Reporting to the ACTION Secretariat Director, the Senior Associate, Global Health is responsible for supporting ACTION partnership advocacy, policy research, and policy analysis. Relevant issues under this portfolio of work include health financing, health systems, World Bank, multilateral development banks (MDBs), Maternal, Newborn Child Health (MNCH), COVID-19, and primary health care (PHC).
The Senior Associate, Global Health is accountable for supporting ACTION partners and coordinating their implementation of advocacy on relevant issues. They will help ACTION partners achieve partnership strategic goals, work planning, grant reporting and donor engagement related to the issue areas in this portfolio. The Senior Associate, Global Health will work directly with the ACTION Secretariat Director and ACTION’s Manager of Development Finance and play a crucial role in integrating the workstreams across the various issues to coordinate partnership efforts and meet grant objectives.
A successful candidate will have:
· 4-5 years’ experience in global health, international advocacy and/or policy, or relevant field.
· Detail-oriented to uphold structures and systems necessary to delivering on ambitious goals and strategy.
· Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills, communications skills (both written and verbal in English) and knowledge of social media.
· Self-motivated, strategic, creative, and able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team with a positive demeanor.
· Undergraduate degree preferred (a Bachelors in a related discipline such as health/science policy, international relations/development, political science, economics, sociology, social sciences, etc.).
· Able and willing to manage up and across teams to meet deadlines and drive priorities forward.
· Familiarity in global development including issues such as women and girl’s health, health systems, health financing, COVID-19, and its linkages to all pillars of ACT-A and the Global Fund.
· Understanding of advocacy to sustain and expand financing, donor commitments, and political support for critical MNCH+ nutrition programs, TB, HIV, malaria, and broader PHC.
· Experience working internationally, in a developing country, or within an international network or secretariat.
· Ability to work effectively across cultures, time zones, and work styles.
· Ability to travel internationally if needed.
· Fluency in French or Japanese is helpful.
ACTION is a partnership of 15 locally rooted organizations around the world that advocate for life-saving care for millions of people who are threatened by preventable diseases. We work to enhance our impact, influence, and partnership to…
• For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our CareFirst reference plan, which includes medical and dental coverage.
• Coverage begins on the first day of the month following (or coinciding with) your start date.
• Employees may opt to select a plan with higher coverage by paying the difference in premiums between the reference plan and the plan they select.
Flexible Spending Accounts
• RESULTS offers flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation/parking costs to which employees may contribute with pre-tax payroll deductions.
• Employees are eligible for flexible spending accounts on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment up to the limits allowable by the IRS.
Retirement & Other Benefits
• RESULTS offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan which has both pre- and post-tax contribution options.
• Employees are eligible to enroll on the first day of the month following their date of hire.
• To enroll, an employee must designate an individual contribution (via payroll deductions) and choose from among a variety of investment options.
• In addition, RESULTS will begin making an employer match on the first day of the month following an employee’s one-year service anniversary. Under a Safe Harbor Agreement, RESULTS has agreed to match 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% of salary, then match 50% on any additional contributions up to 5% of salary.
• RESULTS also offers short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage at no cost to employees. Short term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,500. Long-term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $6,000. The life insurance benefit amount is one year’s salary up to $150,000 maximum. The effective date for this coverage is the employee’s date of hire.
• RESULTS offers generous paid annual leave earned on an accrual basis and carried forward from year-to-year but capped at the following levels: 15 days of vacation, 10 days of sick leave, and 5 days of personal leave.
• All leave (other than emergency sick leave) must be approved in advance by the supervisor.
• New employees will earn leave pro-rata based on their date of hire and may use vacation and personal leave upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
• RESULTS generally observes nine (9) official holidays each year. In addition, all offices are closed between the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays with no requirement to use annual leave.
• For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our…
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send a one page writing sample, cover letter and your resume to email@example.com subject line: “Senior Associate, Global Health .”
RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists and is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all…