145 Main St
PO Box 136
The Center for Rural Affairs is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that was established in Northeast Nebraska in 1973. For more than 40 years, the Center for Rural Affairs has been a leading force engaging people to build a better rural future. The Center for Rural Affairs is headquartered in Lyons, Nebraska and has on-site and in-home offices throughout the state. The Center for Rural Affairs focuses on small business and farm development, farm and rural policy, research, and community development. Additional information about the Center for Rural Affairs can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Loan Specialist. The Loan Specialist works with businesses and entrepreneurs to provide business assistance and access to capital, primarily in the form of small business loans. The Loan Specialist will report to the Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP) Director and will review loan applications and provide technical assistance regarding loans, business plans, and financial projections.
This is a full-time position located in Lyons Nebraska serving Northeast Nebraska. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided. Frequent travel throughout Nebraska is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist clients with loan applications ensuring they are complete and accurate
· Provide technical assistance to pre and post applicants.
· Determine eligibility for requested loan products.
· Analyze financial information of applicants to determine ability to service new debt.
· Assist clients in the development of business plans and financial projections.
· Utilize reporting software to track loan-related activities and prepare reports.
· Assemble, compile and present documents and reports for loan committee review.
· Review loan-related reports, data, and documents to ensure accuracy.
· Secure notarized signatures on required closing documents.
· Contact client for payment status when they have missed their regularly scheduled monthly payment.
· Develop referral networks for small businesses in need of capital assistance via cold calls, public speaking, community involvement and mining existing clients for repeat loans.
· Facilitate meetings between clients and potential lending and community partners.
· All other duties as directed by the program director or supervisor to meet the center objectives.
· High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Experience in banking, accounting, or finance - micro lending experience a plus.
· Knowledge of small business finance and operations.
· Ability to prepare and interpret financial statements.
· Ability to use measurement tools and manage data to formulate and negotiate loan structure.
· Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong written and verbal communication along with the ability to use discretion and be confidential with all client data.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and industry specific computer programs.
· Willingness to travel to various sites across Nebraska as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.