The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA), located in Arlington, VA, was founded in 1938 and is the national trade association representing the political jurisdictions that directly control the distribution and sale of beverage alcohol within their borders. NABCA's mission is to support alcohol control systems by providing health, safety, and economic research, offering data analytics for the advancement of efficient alcohol regulatory systems, fostering relationships with key stakeholders, and managing resources to address pertinent policies regarding the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol.
NABCA has an immediate vacancy for a Meeting Associate to coordinate and execute the tasks necessary to support assigned meetings and events. S/he works closely with the Sr. Meeting Planner & Meeting Director to understand the requirements of NABCA's meetings, as well as the projects and tasks necessary to conduct successful meetings for NABCA. The Meeting Associate reports to the Meeting Director.
Duties: The Meeting Associate performs the following duties:
- Assists the Director, Meetings with the planning, coordination and execution of logistics and details necessary to support the Annual Conference, Administrators Conference, Legal Symposium, Board Meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Processes meeting registrations and generates reports; drafts meeting communications regarding registration for assigned meetings; tracks all registration correspondence; follows up on registration responses via phone and email; assists with rooming and registration cross-check processes; assists with on-site registration at the Annual Conference, Administrators Conference and Legal Symposium.
- Maintains conference module of the membership database to support assigned meetings (includes setting up new conferences, printing badges and processing registrations), provides the information necessary to assist in resolving database issues (including submitting requests for assistance to the Membership Database Manager); makes recommendations to Meetings Director for database
- Coordinates virtual and/or hybrid events using various virtual event platforms (CadmiumCD, GoToMeetings & Zoom).
- Drafts timelines and schedules and executes logistics for onsite meetings of 50 or fewer attendees; adheres to departmental deadlines, procedures, and guidelines; meets with Director on a weekly basis to review current and future tasks; plans and coordinates logistics; and executes the details (e.g., travel, meals, audio-visual).
- Prints in-house registration materials and coordinates assembly of kits for assigned meetings; assists in updating collateral materials, edits, proofs and updates meetings documents as assigned; distributes updated registration memos and other correspondence.
- Assists with organizing speaker materials as needed; schedules conference calls for all conference education panels and attends as the representative from the Meetings Department to respond to logistical and other questions.
- Manages/inventories Meetings Department in-house and travel supplies and material; makes request to order additional items when needed and makes suggestions when other materials would benefit the Meetings Department and in-house meetings; coordinates shipping, packing, printing, rooming, Annual Banquet details/seating and other duties as assigned.
- Manages incoming emails and vmails to the Meetings Department; obtains appropriate responses and follows up on all questions and comments on a daily basis. Monitors the status of outstanding inquiries to the Meetings Dept.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two (2) years performing meeting or event coordination duties in an association or similar environment are required. A minimum of five (5) years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail are required; must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional proofreading skills are required.
- Must be able to independently multi-task, quickly adapt to changing priorities, consistently produce accurate work, and meet all project and task deadlines. Must possess outstanding time management skills.
- Must be professional and highly motivated with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills; must excel at being a team player during very busy periods when multiple projects are planned. Flexibility is a must-- a sense of humor is a plus!
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently without close supervision to complete assigned projects and tasks; must be able to perform routine assignments with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills are required; experience with conference or meeting registration databases is required. Intermediate experience working with Zoom, GoToMeeting, Cadmium or similar virtual event platforms is required. Previous experience with Social Tables, In Design, Adobe, or desktop publishing is preferred.
- Must be proactive in planning and executing events.
- 10-15% travel (local and out of town) required.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To Apply: Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com by November 18, 2021.
Learn more about NABCA at www.nabca.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE