262 Cedar Lane
BELONG! is the love of Christ in action, offering a range of opportunities to create spiritual, physical and economic well-being for people who live in pockets of poverty in Northern Virginia, starting with the Vienna Park / Cunningham Park communities.
The Communications and Operations Coordinator is a versatile member of a small staff who ensures that stakeholders are informed, their actions are coordinated, and potential supporters (volunteers and funders) are motivated to help advance God’s reign of love in Vienna through planning and coordinating organization-wide design, message, and content generation, including electronic and print communications in support of BELONG!’s mission, vision and programs.
Major tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- With BELONG! communications volunteers, develop and curate, manage and oversee all Outreach Center communication vehicles of the Center, including but not limited to:
- Marketing materials for all events and programming
- E-mail Blasts
- Develop and channel content related to the Center for the communication channels of organizations that support the Center.
- Create and manage an organization-wide communications strategy, calendar, and plan that includes goals, activities and performance indicators
- Manage and maintain consistency of contact information and preferences for e-blast and Constant Contact email lists.
- Cultivate relationships with news outlets (print, radio, television, blogs...)
- Lead the Website development team in maintaining, developing and upgrading the website.
- Pioneer BELONG!’s social media participation, creating an active and innovative presence on established and new social media outlets
- Monitor and channel feedback from social media to the Executive Director and Leadership Team.
- Recruit and manage volunteers from member churches to the Communication Team
- Attend Outreach meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program.
- Support Executive Director in administrative aspects of personnel and volunteer management, organizational reporting, and compliance, to include completing and maintaining paperwork for new hires, managing IT solutions, and processing criminal background checks, among other duties.
- Provide technical and logistical support for Center staff and volunteers
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing and/or Communications; HR; or Administration
· Ability to write and speak persuasively in support of BELONG’s mission and ministry
· Excellent marketing and promotional skills
· Excellent design and graphic arts skills
· Computer knowledge and skills including MS Office, Outlook and Publisher, and Constant Contact
· Good understanding of database mining and demographic marketing
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to consistently meet deadlines
· Bilingual (English/Spanish or possibly English/Arabic)
· Working knowledge of various office machines
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required