475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Director of Early LIFE Center
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director for Early Childhood Education – Borough-wide
DIVISION: Early Childhood Education
CLASSIFICATION: Management Team EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Exempt
<img src="//:0" height="3" width="583">
The Director of Early LIFE Preschool is responsible for the running of a daily childhood program at a particular site, current and future planning opportunities, supervision of staff and children and the provision of all needed and required services at that particular site, as presented by Federal, State, local government mandates and the Early Learn Contract with ACS.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee early childhood program at a particular program sites;
· Make recommendations to the Borough Director for Early LIFE regarding the hiring, termination, and job performance for related services, instructional,
behavioral and facilities staff
· Maintain and advance high quality early childhood programs and high performing classrooms for young children;
· Collaborate with LSSNY leadership, the ACS Leadership staff, Head Start Policy Council and Head Start Board Committee to align goals to ensure a continuum of care and better educational and life outcomes for children.
· Engage in ongoing research and development to keep abreast of trends;
· Establish relationships with key stakeholders - coalitions, community groups, government and families.
· Continue to define and refine programmatic outcomes;
· Support child outcomes for long-term, comprehensive model.
· Work with staff, Parent Policy Council, and Board Head Start Committee to ensure that the program meet Head Start Performance Standards;
· Work with ACS leadership to create systems to track, monitor and analyze child
outcomes, individually and at an aggregate level;
· Support ongoing program evaluation efforts;
· Use data to inform improvements in practice.
· Oversee fiscal planning and management;
· Oversee program operations to ensure compliance with all Head Start and Department of Health standards;
· Support all audits and monitoring reviews.
· Develop a highly competent early childhood workforce in line with federal, state and city standards;
· Establish core competencies and standards of excellence;
· Create a professional development system including, crafting individual professional; development plans, identifying professional activities, and promoting ongoing professional training;
· Serve as a mentor/coach to early childhood staff.
· Lead, supervise and serve as a role model to teaching teams through communication and collaboration.
· Recruit staff through community outreach and overseeing the interview, hiring and orientation process.
· Create positive partnerships with families by serving as a resource and responding to questions and concerns.
· Focus on establishing and maintaining on-going marketing efforts to sustain enrollment.
· Maintain active waiting lists, enrollment, payroll, and center/school expenses systems.
· Review important decisions with the Borough Director and be responsive to the requirements of the home office.
· Lead the center/school to achieve and maintain NAEYC Accreditation.
· Develop budget in conjunction with Borough Director and maintain accurate and current financial reporting.
· Ensure that all staff interact and communicate respectfully with children demonstrating an inclusive environment.
· Ensure that all licenses and permits are current.
· Collaborate with LSSNY departments including finance, marketing and human resources.
· Attend and actively participate in meetings, conferences, regional functions, and trainings.
Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies
· Supervises all staff members in a program site including for Health, Curriculum and Instruction, Family Supports, and Administration
· Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
· Minimum of 5 years previous educational administrative experience, one year in the area of special education or some related field
· Must be NYS certified.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated ability at hiring and maintaining dedicated and professional staff
· Demonstrated ability at understanding and meeting student IEP mandates
· Demonstrated ability at managing a school program on a daily basis which insures regulatory compliance as well as safety and security of all staff and students
· Demonstrated ability at communicating through various mediums with staff, students, parents, guardians, regulatory monitors, CSE representatives, local caretakers
· Demonstrated ability to supervise and evaluate staff as required through various mediums
· Demonstrated ability to manage student progress both academically and behaviorally
· Demonstrated ability to work with community leaders and community groups
· Demonstrated ability to understand and implement regulatory mandates as provided from the Federal, State or local governmental agencies
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and professionally with the Borough
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisors, Patricia Eckford-Jackson, or Beatrice Hutcherson, with "Site Director" in the subject line.
Assistant Executive Director of Early LIFE
Assistant Executive Director of Early LIFE
[with "Site Director" in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----