Details: $18 - $20 per hour
Careers through Culinary Arts Program’s (C-CAP) mission is to promote and provide career opportunities in the foodservice industry for underserved youth through culinary arts education and employment.
Founded in 1990 by Richard Grausman, one of America’s most respected culinary educators, C-CAP is a national not-for-profit that works through high school teachers, aiming to prepare students for college and career opportunities in the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Under the current board leadership of acclaimed chef, entrepreneur and restaurant owner Marcus Samuelsson, C-CAP links public high school culinary teachers and their students to the foodservice industry.
Since its inception, C-CAP has awarded $50 million in scholarships, and classrooms have received $3.8 million worth of supplies and equipment.
C-CAP serves more than 17,500 students and 200 teachers annually. With its national office based in New York City, the organization operates in Philadelphia, PA; Hampton Roads, VA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Washington, D.C. / Prince George’s County, MD; and throughout the state of Arizona.
Work closely with the Director of Development and team on social media, content and general administrative duties.
The Social Media and Content Assistant functions include, but may not be limited to, duties such as the following:
Social Media and Content:
1. Oversee all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Work with team to create/organize a social media schedule
- Support social media team, sometimes delegates content to scheduled staff
- Ensure implementation of social media strategy discussed in meetings directed by Development Director
- Create, design, and curate content
2. National Newsletter
- Assist with the development and design of the bi-monthly national newsletter e-blast
3. Internal bi-monthly Program Report
- Assist Operations Manager with monthly program reports from 7 locations and compile into one report to be sent to Board of Directors
4. Website Maintenance
- Assist Operations Manager with edits and updates to the website as needed
5. Collateral and Materials
- Work with team to create event and promotional collateral
General Administrative Support:
1. Answer external phone calls, mailings, and other tasks as needed.
These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Superior computer application skills, particularly MailChimp, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, G Suite, or Raiser’s Edge; familiarity with Macintosh computers preferred.
- Experience in social media or development
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple relationships and tasks
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Interest in culinary arts, hospitality, or related field
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Job Type is Part Time, and not to exceed 20 hours per week
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Social Media and Content Assistant” in the subject line.