114 W. Montgomery Ave
General Description: The Development Assistant is an hourly position responsible for providing support to IW’s Development Team. S/he assists with the management of donor data systems, the coordination of the acknowledgment processes, and the implementation of fundraising events. S/he will report directly to IW’s Development (Manager or Associate), who reports to the Director of Development and Community Relations (DOD).
· Assist with appointments and calendars of the Development Team.
· Run the constituent data and gift acknowledgment systems so as to ensure accuracy and timeliness, and to enhance the relationships between Interfaith Works and its supporters.
· Accurately enter data on all contributions into the donor database.
· Prepare donor correspondence including acknowledgment of gifts in a timely manner and with the appropriate personalization according to office standards.
· Provide support for the management of the donor database.
· Develop standard and customized donor reports for Leadership Team as requested.
· Support the Development Manager in the management of in-kind donations.
· Provide support for community outreach and fundraising events.
· Provide general administrative support to the development team as requested.
· Assist in the coordination of the responsibilities of the development team: fundraising, communications and volunteer work.
· Provide coverage for the front desk when needed.
· Support the Deputy Director of Development for Communications with social media efforts.
· Perform other duties as assigned in a collaborative positive manner.
· Minimum one year experience in administrative work; non-profit development experience a plus.
· Detail oriented, excellent time management, program management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work with a positive manner with teams of diverse people.
· Excellent written and verbal skills.
· Previous experience with data entry and management.
· High Proficiency with MS Office Software Suite; ability to merge data into Word documents essential.
· Proficiency with donor data bases (familiarity with Abila a plus)
· Energetic, optimistic, and customer-centered personality.
· Bilingual proficiency is a plus.
· Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task
· Flexible work schedule in support of events.
· Dedication to IW’s Core Values and its commitment to Cultural Awareness and Racial Equity.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Minimum Education Required