Details: Depending On Experience
100 South Baldwin Street
Common Wealth Development is seeking a motivated individual to lead our business incubation programs. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of our incubator facilities, fostering the success of tenant businesses, and building an entrepreneurial community. The Manager will also be tasked with strengthening the connection between our business incubators and workforce development programs, utilizing both current programs and the development of new programs. This is a full-time salaried position.
· Supervise the day-to-day operations of our commercial properties and two
business incubator facilities, the Madison Enterprise Center and Main Street
Industries, including the marketing and leasing of suites, enforcement of lease
provisions, and coordination of maintenance needs.
· Foster success of tenant businesses by meeting regularly with tenants to
understand goals and challenges and matching businesses with resources and
mentors in the community.
· Build an entrepreneurial community within and around our facilities by planning
and executing tenant engagement events and establishing connections with
other organizations and individuals in the greater Madison entrepreneurial support
· Increase the connection between the business incubators and CWD’s workforce
development programs. Design new programming to integrate these efforts.
· Develop and manage program budgets.
· Work collaboratively with CWD staff to further the goal of equitable economic
· Produce and deliver both internal and external reports on the state of the
business incubation and development programs.
· Experience in commercial property management and leasing.
· Experience in entrepreneurship, and/or supporting entrepreneurs.
· Knowledge of the key players in the Madison entrepreneurial ecosystem.
· Experience in workforce development programs.
· Experience in program design.
· 2+ years in a leadership or program management role.
· Supervisory experience.
· Commitment to racial justice and health equity.
· High level of motivation and ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple
responsibilities at once.·
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
· Proficient in word processing and database programs, especially Microsoft
· Experience with the property management software AppFolio.
Common Wealth Development values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the work of our local schools and educators, and graduates of Madison area high schools are strongly encouraged to apply. Our team is diverse in every sense of the word, but united in our linked fate, shared prosperity, and our commitment to an upstream approach to health equity and violence prevention.
Generous Benefits Package
Level of Language Proficiency
Common Wealth Development values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, fill out an employment application (available at www.cwd.org or at our office) and submit a complete application packet to: Common Wealth Development, 1501 Williamson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, or by email to email@example.com.
Application packets must contain each of the following:
1) Completed employment application
3) Cover letter describing your experience:
- supporting entrepreneurs;
- in commercial property management; and,
- with workforce development programs.
No faxes. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials.