District of Columbia
Reports to: Associate Director, Polling & Analytics
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
We’re looking for a Polling and Analytics Associate to support a robust public opinion research and analytics pipeline managed here by The Hub Project.Our team develops and executes measurement plans through polling and analytics to strategically inform progressive campaigns across the entire organization, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and society. We develop products that range from internal analyses to products for public release. You’ll work in tandem with the Associate Director of Polling & Analytics to carry out this work and identify ways to continue expanding our analytical capacity.You’ll be someone who follows trends in public opinion, and is able to analyze and report on them to our team and partners across the progressive movement. You’ll have experience in a support role of managing survey research projects from beginning to end, and will work closely with the Associate Director to administer the monthly Navigator Research Project. You’ll also coordinate the day-to-day relationships with our external consultants, and assist with data and information sharing with key partners that we frequently work with.
As Polling & Analytics Associate, you will…
- Maintain awareness of key public opinion trends and communicate them to internal teams both to inform campaign strategies and to help determine plans of action for future research.
- Provide support to the Associate Director and/or external consultants for drafting requests for proposal, discussion guides, survey instruments, data analysis, and written or graphical reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with polling and modeling vendors.
- Collaborate with our communications team to review documents (e.g., press releases, media advisories, op-eds) related to the Navigator Research Project or other publicly released research.
- Provide support for programs aimed at measuring the of effectiveness of other internal campaign operations.
- Work with the Associate Director to continue expansion of The Hub Project’s capacity for advanced quantitative assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You’ve worked in survey research and/or analytics before, preferably with a research supplier, market research organization, or a media outlet.
- You’ve provided support to all parts of the research lifecycle for survey research projects.
- You’re extremely organized and pays close attention to detail.
- You’re familiar and comfortable adapting data into key findings and strategic recommendations.
- You’re well-versed in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- You have a sense of humor and are intellectually curious!
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have experience with statistical software packages, such as SPSS, STATA, or R.
- You have experience working with voter files, particularly TargetSmart or Catalist.
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential.The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.