Details: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
47-10 Austell Place
C4Q is looking for a passionate and talented Android mobile development technical expert and educator to be an assistant instructor in our Access Code program.
The Android Technical Expert & Assistant Instructor should have a no-fail attitude and be prepared to work with other C4Q instructors and teaching assistants to do whatever it takes to provide the appropriate curriculum, instruction, leadership, mentorship, and support to ensure student success. This person should have experience in tech and the startup environment, an interest in teaching, and a passion for C4Q’s mission.
Our Measurable Impact
We teach adults from low-income and diverse communities how to code and help them get engineering jobs in tech. Our graduates go from making $18,000 to over $85,000 a year, going from poverty to the middle class. Graduates are hired at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, IBM, Jet, JPMorgan Chase. Participants are representative of the diversity of the NYC community with over 50% women, 60% African American or Hispanic, and 50% immigrant, and 50% without a college education.
Best-in-class Partners & Team
C4Q is a social enterprise startup backed by leaders across technology, business, and philanthropy. We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook, Artsy, Dropbox, and LinkedIn.
Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team. Our staff brings expertise and leadership across multiple sectors and industries: graduates of Harvard Business School and Wharton; previous Bain & Company and Bridgewater Associates; experience launching the national #GivingTuesday campaign; and engineers from NYTimes, Uber, Google.
Opportunity for Growth
C4Q is a rapidly growing startup that’s scaling to make national impact. Founded in 2011, C4Q has doubled in budget and staff each year over the past 4 years. Just three years ago we had only two employees. We are currently a team of 20 and anticipate doubling our team to 40 this year. In addition to scaling funding and staff, we are investing in scaling complexity as we tackle important challenges in our community.
Culture and Values
- Giving Our All
- Absolute Performance
- Data-Driven, Human Judgment
In addition to our values, our characteristics bind our values and form the basis of our team and community.
- Work with Program Manager, other instructors, and teaching assistants to train adults who have no previous background in technology - with a variety of educational attainment from public universities to community colleges to no degree at all - and transform them into mobile developers employable at the best tech startups
- Collaborate Lead Instructor and our Brain Trust, a team of engineering leaders from companies ranging from VICE to Facebook to Dropbox, to refine an Android/iOS curricula to match the needs of participants from a wide-range of educational and socio-economic backgrounds
- Manage part-time teaching assistants who help with grading and student support
- Deliver lessons and workshops
- Assist the Access Code Director and other Instructors to recruit and select the highest potential students for the Access Code program
- 5+ years experience in sales/relationship management/account management/marketing
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and/or hiring managers within client organizations
- Proven track record of exceeding partnership or revenue goals
- Ability to analyze data and trends in order to derive optimal sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills- able to track and manage multiple threads at once and to consistently respond in a timely and effective manner
- Strong team player and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining high levels of operational rigor and business excellence
- Nice to haves: Familiarity and interest in tech sector and/or non-profits, commitment to diversity and inclusion, experience working with underrepresented communities
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
-Work with bright, passionate, innovative people from across disciplines to improve accessibility to tech education across New York City
-Build creative mobile applications and technical products with students & the C4Q team
-Creatively apply your skills to solve interesting problems as we grow our organization
-Change the lives of students from underserved and underrepresented backgrounds
Minimum Education Required