Mission: Boston Cares mobilizes and trains individual and corporate volunteers who strengthen communities and improve the lives of people in need. We are the largest volunteer agency in New England, a member of the Points of Light affiliate network, and a leader in the volunteer engagement sector. We build relationships with schools and nonprofits with needs that can be filled by teams of volunteers; and then we recruit, train and lead reliable and enthusiastic groups of volunteers who get the job done. Our year-round volunteer programs and seasonal signature service events engage adults of all ages, children & teens, and corporate partners. Since our founding in 1991, Boston Cares volunteers have given 1.1 million hours of service to the Greater Boston community.
Our corporate engagement program works with over 60 companies and over 5,000 volunteers annually to produce customized hands-on service projects designed to meet community needs and corporate engagement goals. Projects include revitalizing learning environments, providing STEM education activities to large groups of students, painting, landscaping and carpentry projects to enhance the sites of agency partners, and constructing beds for children in need. Learn more at www.bostoncares.org.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director of Corporate Engagement and working closely in collaboration within a team of five, the Corporate Volunteer Project Manager will play an integral role in the development and delivery of successful, high-impact service projects engaging employees from Boston Cares corporate partners.
Key responsibilities of the Corporate Volunteer Project Manager will include:
• Working closely with members of the Corporate Team and our agency and school partners to identify, develop and implement high-impact service opportunities for large scale days of service, including:
• Serving as a primary point of contact for the per diem Corporate Project Leader corps, including regular recruitment, training, scheduling and processing of time sheets
• Alongside the Associate Director and Senior Program Manager, lead the development & growth of special initiatives and events, including the Bed Project and STEM Fair
• Providing project and logistics expertise for large-scale service events such as MLK Day of Service
• Implementing new processes for efficiency and project success with the Associate Director
• Supporting organization-wide initiatives as needed
Additionally, the Corporate Volunteer Project Manager will:
• Be an active member of the Boston Cares staff team
• Establish and meet yearly goals and objectives
• Represent Boston Cares externally at service projects, with agency and corporate partners, and at other events
• 1-3 years’ experience working with volunteers and/or non-profit programming
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
• Familiarity with tasks such as painting, landscaping, and carpentry
• Demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector and corporate social responsibility
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage many moving projects at once
• Ability to learn quickly on the job and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Interest and ability to work as part of small team in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage a project from start to finish
• Ability to lift and move project supplies (up to 50 lbs) and be standing throughout the day
• Valid driver’s license; comfortable driving cargo vans and 10-14’ trucks
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Laura Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with anticipated start date in April 2019. No phone calls please.
Boston Cares offers Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Mission: Boston Cares mobilizes and trains individual and corporate volunteers who strengthen communities and improve the lives of people in need. We are the largest volunteer agency in New England, a member of the Points of Light…
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Laura Keith at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with anticipated start date in May 2019. No phone calls please.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Laura Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with anticipated start date in May 2019…