ABOUT GENERATION CITIZEN:
Generation Citizen is transforming how civics education is taught by bringing the subject to life. We champion real-world democracy education that equips all young people with the skills and knowledge needed to participate effectively. To ensure that our democracy represents the voices of all people, we prioritize working with students from communities that have been historically excluded from the political process. In the classroom, our Action Civics program inspires robust civic participation by inviting students to engage directly with the local issues and institutions impacting their communities. We provide thought leadership, conduct research, and build coalitions to advocate for state and district level policies that ensure schools prioritize Action Civics. Nationwide, Generation Citizen is activating a movement of young people prepared to lead in our democracy. Generation Citizen is nearing our 10th year of operations, serving more than 60,000 students since our founding and on track to serve more than 25,000 next academic year.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Generation Citizen Operations Assistant, Oklahoma maintains effective administrative management across the site by supporting the operations of the Development, Advocacy, and Program, teams. Primary responsibilities include maintaining the site’s financial and data systems, ensuring timely content upkeep in core organizational communication platforms, and supporting Oklahoma regional team’s full-time staff. The position will report directly to the Executive Director, Oklahoma.
Records & Systems Support
● Support the Development and Program teams in maintaining accurate and complete Salesforce records ● Submit monthly expense reports for the Oklahoma site through Expensify ● Assist in the development of financial reports and required documentation for donors ● Track ongoing class projects, including news coverage and legislation supported by GC classes.
● Assist in the planning and implementation of Civics Day and various donor cultivation events
Fundraising & Development Support
● Identify and research potential funding sources ● Support the Executive Director’s grant-writing and donor-cultivation efforts
● Create and solicit content for weekly staff updates ● Create and solicit content for bi-monthly site newsletter ● Maintain the Mailchimp listserv ● Engage the GC branding guidelines and various photos/quotes obtained by full-time staff to draft social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
General Office Support
● Assist with basic office tasks including copying, material preparation, and basic technical troubleshooting. ● Maintain the Executive Director’s professional calendar.
THE FOLLOWING IS LIKELY TRUE OF OUR OPERATION ASSISTANT’S EXPERIENCE:
● Current college student (Junior or Senior) or early-career professional who is interested in operations and how non-profits function ● Experience working towards individual and shared goals while remaining people-focused and empathetic to the needs and experience of others ● Experience collaborating with diverse groups of people across organizational environments ● Experience problem-solving and managing multiple work streams simultaneously ● Experience working with social media platforms and systems such as Hootsuite, Salesforce and Mailchimp, and a background of learning various new technologies to support work
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS PREFERRED:
● Prior administrative or operations experience, or translatable experience ● Based in the Oklahoma City area with an ability to commute to our local office in Midtown. ● Willingness to work an occasional evening and weekend for special events and projects ● Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Drive systems
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & NECESSARY COMPETENCIES:
● Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion especially as it relates to supporting equitable and inclusive organizational operations ● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills ● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain personal relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including college and middle or high school students and teachers ● Process-oriented and capable of implementing and maintaining strong systems ● Ability to identify and solve problems in a dynamic environment ● Strong time management skills and efficient in organizing and managing diverse tasks, activities, and projects ● Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to maintain professionalism with diverse stakeholders
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY IN HIRING:
Generation Citizen is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value in creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Generation Citizen does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. We believe diverse teams are effective teams, and that innovation is only possible when a set of diverse experiences and perspectives are at the table. We were founded by a college student almost 10 years ago, and we’re a team of educators, advocates, and youth organizers. What does this mean? We have an inherent appreciation for the “nontraditionals”, untapped potential, and the diamonds in the rough. We have flexibility around formal education, and our minimum requirements are preferred but not mandatory. We are willing to train a passionate, learning-oriented person with a history of getting results, even if that history is different from the exact descriptors of what they’ll be doing within the role.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Generation Citizen, we believe each of us has the capacity to make a difference within our communities. Our hope for a better democracy, and brighter future for all, fuels our commitment to seek systems-level responses and solutions to present challenges. We invite collective inquiry, experimentation, failure, and resilience to inspire inventive outcomes, learning, and growth. We strive for an inclusive work environment where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day, and work to create a collaborative, dynamic team of colleagues driven by our big mission and equipped with our core values. This is a part-time role based in Oklahoma City available immediately. The position is expected to work four days a week for approximately 16-20 hours per week. The compensation is $15 per hour.
ABOUT GENERATION CITIZEN:
Generation Citizen is transforming how civics education is taught by bringing the subject to life. We champion real-world democracy education that equips all young people with the skills and knowledge needed…
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter that speaks to your experience in the responsibilities, experience, and characteristics sections to ACurran@GenerationCitizen.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include “Operations Assistant, Oklahoma ” in your email subject line.
The hiring manager will reach out to qualified applicants on a rolling basis to schedule an initial phone screen. Because of this, we recommend submitting your application materials early. We appreciate if you could refrain from reaching out to GC team members directly to inquire about the position or status of your application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter that speaks to your experience in the responsibilities, experience, and characteristics…