Achieve Miami is searching for a self-driven, passionate, and fun-spirited individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant! This individual will report directly to the Executive Director and will support work related to all of Achieve Miami’s programs and initiatives. This is a full-time, salary-exempt position.
A valid driver’s license and must be available for evening and weekend responsibilities such as programming events, trips, professional development, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports, presentations, memos, emails and other correspondence
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Organize meetings, which includes scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- Manage the Executive Director’s day-to day calendar, which includes making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Collate and distribute mail
- Support bookkeeping
- Coordinate travel arrangements (both domestic and international) and create trip itineraries)
- Manage and track inventory and supplies
- Oversee Achieve Miami general inbox; send inquiries and requests to relevant parties
Human Resources Support:
- Assists with administrative aspects of the recruitment process, including posting open positions; reviewing, routing and archiving resumes; scheduling interviews; handling correspondence with applicants; and coordinating background checks
- Supports the preparation of new hire paperwork and physical and electronic personnel files for new employees. Ensures return of all relevant paperwork from employees
- Assists with employee onboarding and orientation as appropriate
Who we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate for this Administrative Assistant role will have:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: You must be able to collaborate effectively with other administrators and support personnel, management, and clients on a regular basis. Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and writing are essential to this role, who must be proficient in a variety of styles, from creative to professional to technical to education and more.
- Strong organization skills: We have a lot going on, and we need someone who can help us maintain an organized and calm work environment. You thrive on planning far in advance, staying organized, and knowing what you and your team need to do to reach set goals. You have systems to help you and those you manage stay on top of tasks and can integrate new tasks and prioritize effectively.
- High level of integrity, professional maturity, and sound judgement: This leader will have to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks and complex situations.
- Growth mindset: You’re hungry to develop your professional skills - both related to personal execution and management of the team. You constantly request feedback on performance and integrate suggestions for how to continuously increase your impact.
- Self-direction: You’re the type of leader who can map out what it takes to get it done - and then you do it! You’re a step ahead of the rest of the team, always anticipating what we’ll need, whether that’s extra copies or a system to help us streamline a process. You know how to “manage up” so that the Executive Director understands both current wins and challenges and can help you overcome challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills: At Achieve Miami, we work with students, parents, donors, community members, and community leaders - and we need someone who can comfortably engage with all of these audiences! You have a strong customer service mindset and the ability to navigate complex conversations with critical partners such as principals and other community leaders. You are a strong writer, emailer, and phone-answerer and are able to communicate clearly and warmly in all situations.
- Enthusiasm to do it all: You know that “doing good” isn’t always glamorous and that on a small team, you too will pitch in on the small stuff - whether that’s sharpening pencils, setting up for an event, or answering phone calls. You’re hungry to tackle big picture projects but also enthusiastic to pitch in on the small stuff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment (e.g. copiers, business telephone systems, projectors, fax machines)
- Tech savviness: expertise in Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite and the ability to learn and navigate tools such as Canva (graphic design), Classe365 (our student information/learning management system), Neon CRM (our donor database), and other software platforms and/or online tools.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
This will be a full-time, salary-exempt position which will pay $32,000-$38,000 annually. Medical, dental, and vision benefits are included beginning the first month after 60 days of employment. APPLY HERE.
About Achieve Miami:
At Achieve Miami, we believe in the potential of every child. Together with partners from public and private schools, Achieve Miami designs and manages programs that extend learning opportunities for students, teachers, and education leaders. Through programs like Achieve Saturdays, Achieve Summer, the College Readiness Cohort, and Achieve Music, Achieve Miami is working to ensure that every child and leader have the opportunities they need to succeed.
Achieve Miami is 501(c)(3) organization. Achieve Miami’s main office is located at 1951 NW 7th Ave, Suite 600, Miami, FL 33136. You can visit www.achievemiami.org to learn more about Achieve Miami.
Achieve Miami does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Achieve Miami practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.