Details: Commensurate with experience
65-30 Kissena Blvd
The Queens College Foundation is seeking a Planned Giving Officer (PGO) to work as a member of the major gifts team. The PGO will advance the mission of the College by developing and increasing the level of prospect engagement. The right candidate is a strategic-thinking, self-motivated development professional with a strong background in planned giving. This position will report to the Executive Director of Development and support the Vice President and President as needed, as well as assume primary responsibility for all planned giving initiatives.
Planned Giving Duties:
- Identify and cultivate potential planned giving and major gifts prospects.
- Serve as the primary contact for all planned giving activities. This includes the coordination of a comprehensive giving program focused on building membership in Queens College's Jefferson Society (the institution's society for those who have included the school in their estate plans).
- Oversight of marketing and stewardship activities related to planned giving. This will include the management of mailings and solicitations, and the coordination of special events and annual seminars.
- Work with the Manager of events to coordinate a series of cultivation breakfasts/luncheons each year.
- Maintain an active schedule of donor meetings with the goal of maximizing donor interests and relationships.
- As a member of the major gifts team, the planned giving officer will maintain a portfolio of 75+ current and prospective major donors with a focus of $25,000 level gifts or above. Will work closely with the Executive Director of Development, VP, and senior administrators to guide cultivation and stewardship of major donor relationships.
- Work closely with interdepartmental staff, faculty, and Deans to identify major gifts and planned giving prospects and fundraising opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a development office, with 2 or more years in planned giving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and pleasant disposition.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter stating why you would excel in this position.