935 W. Chestnut Street
Share Our Spare is an innovative organization committed to breaking generational poverty in Chicago. We recognize that low income families face a myriad of challenge that include lack of job opportunities, insufficient housing solutions and food insecurity. In order to tackle some of these larger issues for their family, parents need the essentials…diapers, wipes, clothing, strollers, etc. for their children. Not being able to provide these basics has a systemic effect, a mother’s mental health suffers, children are neglected and cycle of poverty is exacerbated.
Share Our Spare changes the trajectory of a baby’s life by providing families with the essentials. We turn everyday donations into the extraordinary by serving as a connection point between corporations and individuals who have extras to share and families in need. With a distribution network of more than 30 social service agencies, we are supporting social workers across Lake, Cook and DuPage counties and providing items to more than to 5,000+ children annually.
Share Our Spare (SOS) is seeking an Executive Director to lead our organization and to continue the growth and development for the future. The Executive Director will oversee all aspects of the organization including program, finance, administration, marketing, and fundraising.
Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional leadership, entrepreneurial vision, project management skills, fluency in innovative thinking, and strong writing skills. This person will be instrumental in developing and building relationships by engaging all stakeholders with passion and respect.
For more information, please visit:
www.shareourspare.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership & Management:
· Actively engage and energize Share Our Spare Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders
· Ensure strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
· Co-collaborate on a strategic plan for the future growth of the organization.
· Manage and support Engagement Coordinator and help develop staffing plan for the future.
· Ensure ongoing local programming excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent
· Lead the programmatic vision for the future that includes
· Continue to seek innovative programming models to further the mission and expand the reach of Share Our Spare
· Participate and lead in ongoing events at the Sharehouse (some may occur during nontraditional work hours, such as evenings and weekends)
· Represent Share Our Spare at off-site events
Finance & Administration
· Oversee the long range sustainability of the organization through careful financial planning and tracking of key financial metrics.
· Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the finances, including working with the Accountant and Board Treasurer to ensure bills are paid, insurance is up to date and reports are timely and accurate
· Lead the tax and audit preparation in consultation with the Accountant and the Treasurer.
· Provide guidance on all general oversight matters, including facilities, insurance, payroll, technology.
Fundraising & Communications
· Consistently meet and exceed fundraising goal to support existing and new programming and ongoing operations. Build a fundraising strategy to support the needs of the organization.
· Lead the fundraising efforts behind the annual gala, including front end fundraising efforts as well as back end event details.
· Research and apply for relevant grants that fit with the mission of the organization
· Develop corporate relationships and partnership that including funding but also other aspects of the program, such as employee engagement, board development and in-kind partnerships.
· Manage all communication channels, including newsletter, social media, and print materials. Deepen and refine communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand
· Oversee the Northshore Council, Jr. Board and other fundraising
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Share Our Spare’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• Strong track record of effectively leading in a start-up environment. Including development of business plans, fundraising, establishing processes and board development
• Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passionate, positive attitude, enjoys entrepreneurial environment, mission-driven, and highly self-directed
Minimum Education Required