Details: This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. 10am-6pm. Annual salary $40-$45,000 depending on experience.
647 Fulton Street
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Exempt/Non Exempt: Non-Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Purpose of Position:
The Finance Associate serves as full-charge bookkeeper, working with the CFO and Finance Administrator to manage payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Finance Associate also assists the CFO in preparation of budgets, financial reports and audit materials.
· Work with finance admin to be sure timesheets are accurate and that payroll is sent and received on time.
· Record payroll accurately and timely in the general ledger.
· Receive invoices for goods and services; check for accuracy and proper approval; prepare payable reports and checks.
· Discuss and resolve invoices with vendors when required.
· Prepare 1099 forms for consultants.
· Receive checks, prepare bank deposits and make appropriate and timely general ledger entries.
· Prepare invoices; maintain up-to-date funder and payor information.
· Assist in tracking and reporting on receivables.
General Ledger/Financial Reporting/Other
· Enter monthly investment account information.
· Reconcile interoffice accounts.
· Assist with bank reconciliations.
· Assist in preparing financial reports.
· Maintain & track petty cash accounts.
· Prepare end-of-year schedules for auditors and assist in liaison with auditors.
· A degree in a related field with a minimum of 2 years financial experience preferred.
· Fluency in Excel, payroll and accounting software required. Experience with ADP and FundEz preferred.
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. 10am-6pm. Annual salary $40-$45,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with subject line: Finance Associate. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package
Minimum Education Required