The Jamestown Arts Center, is currently seeking an Executive Director to join their team. This position is based in Jamestown, Rhode Island.
The Jamestown Arts Center
The JAC is a non-profit, multi-disciplinary facility created to benefit the region. Our mission is to engage, enrich and inspire our community through extraordinary arts and educational experiences. The JAC hosts visual and performing arts events and provides art and design educational opportunities for people of all ages.
This position will report to the JAC’s Board Chair and has overall strategic, fiscal and operational responsibility for the organization. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the JAC’s programs, budget, staff, and execution of its mission and vision.
Leadership & Management
- Responsible for the direction and leadership of the Organization’s mission, goals and vision for serving the community.
- Development of an annual operational budget and budget management.
- Overseeing all performing arts booking and events and related administrative duties.
- Substantial outreach, expansion of strong community relationships and the development and maintenance of partnerships.
- Responsible for the Organization’s marketing and public relations.
- Recruitment, development, and management of both full-time and part-time employees.
- Facility management, ensuring the facility is properly functioning.
- Represent the organization as a confident ambassador the JAC’s mission.
Fundraising & Communication
- Grant writing in order to secure State, Federal, and local funding.
- Securing sponsors and developing corporate partnerships.
- Development of annual fund, Capital and donor advised fund campaigns.
- Organization and attending fundraising events.
- Guidance of strategic planning to develop all aspects of fundraising.
- A passion for the arts, and a strong connection to the JAC’s mission.
- A strategic thinker who understands how to bring ideas to fruition.
- Experience hiring and managing staff, having demonstrated excellent management skills.
- Quantifiable fundraising success with major gifts/grants/corporate sponsorships preferred.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Prior experience managing finances and operational budgets.
- Strong sales, public speaking, networking and negotiating skills; ability to connect with many different audiences and community partners.
- Prior non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite along with fund raising and data base software.
- Work on site at the JAC.
- Working some nights and weekends are required.
Please forward your resume to Michelle Kolev at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
The JAC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V
- Seniority level: Executive
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: General BusinessManagement
- Industries: Nonprofit Organization ManagementPerforming Arts