AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80 countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
AABB is seeking an assistant to assist in the association’s Standards-setting programs by coordinating relevant standards-setting processes including managing international accreditation activities as needed. Provide consultative assistance and information about standards-setting to members and staff. Oversee and provide guidance to committee members in the fulfillment of association-wide goals and objectives.
· Accountable for assisting committees and ensuring that committee work adheres to established charges. Perform primary staff liaison responsibilities for committees and monitor status of all committee work and oversees proper distribution of correspondence.
· Create and maintain Standards clarifications library (paper and electronic). Manage response system for Standards questions.
· Support creation and review of standards publications (i.e. Standards, preface, and glossary) and all information pieces related to Standards (guidance, correspondence, articles, slide presentations, and content of educational programs as needed). Collaborate with other departments and external stakeholders as appropriate.
· Assist Accreditation Department in managing accreditation of institutions, particularly as related to requests for variance.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Some project management or administrative experience preferred.
· Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
· Experience with logistical planning of meetings.
· Experience coordinating with other departments to release data, coordinating projects and meeting agendas.
· Experience working as a liaison to volunteers and members.
· Strong oral/written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work with others to manage multiple complex projects to successful completion
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Project Management Skills - ability to utilize strong time-management skills and effectively handle multiple priorities. Adherence to deadlines a must.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and other programs and databases as needed.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position is commensurate with relevant work experience. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, short & long term disability, 403 (b), and paid personal time off.
Individuals interested in this position should apply using this link -
Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate in the recruitment process. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
AABB is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required