We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Team Leader for Family Support Network, which provides services for families with child protection concerns. In partnership with Children’s Services, this program offers outcomes-based approaches to intervention.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Family Support Network.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Recruiting and supervising front line staff including monitoring and authorizing staff hours, case management and first level liaison with families, referral services and communities.
· Conducting supervisions, annual evaluations and establishing a training program for all staff.
· Ensuring program is kept in excellent physical conditions and that program structure/integrity is maintained.
· Assuming financial accountability for day to day management.
· Participating in meetings and conferences related to young people, program and agencies as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
· Diploma / Degree in the Social Sciences or related field preferred.
· A minimum of four (4) years experience working with young people and families or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Good understanding of clinical interventions.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
· Current certification in: CPR/Standard First Aid
· Must have own transportation.
· Personal suitability is important.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, FSN, Team Leader’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.