Details: Commensurate with experience
695 Park Avenue
The Hunter HIV/AIDS Research Team (HART), under the direction of Dr. Sarit Golub, is hiring a Data Analyst (full-time preferred) with experience in HIV prevention, gender, and sexuality research. The Data Analyst will be working on a variety of NIH-funded and foundation-funded research projects in collaboration with other researchers in the lab. The Data Analyst will be responsible for database creation, management, and analysis across multiple relational database systems (e.g., MS Access, Filemaker) and data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R). We are looking for candidates with extensive knowledge of these data systems, utmost attention to detail, and facility with both basic and complex data analytic tasks. The ideal candidate will also have experience in social and behavioral research methods and a strong interest in implementation science.
HART is an interdisciplinary team of researchers, including post-doctoral investigators, graduate students, and research staff. HART focuses on implementation science and collaboration with community-based organizations throughout New York City. HART’s mission is to translate research findings into practical implications for service and advocacy organizations, and to develop trainings and technical assistance tools that accelerate the pace of empirically based practice.
- Ongoing data management (in MS Access, Filemaker, and SPSS) for several large, ongoing NIH-funded projects focused broadly on HIV prevention;
- Conduct quantitative analyses (including complex multivariate models) in SPSS, SAS, and MPLUS
- Data documentation, tracking, cleaning, and syntax development;
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems, and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them;
- Troubleshoot data-related problems;
- Support others in the daily use of data systems;
- Assist with manuscript creation, reports, and other analyses.
· Fundamental understanding of research methodology, design, measures, and psychosocial research;
· Proficiency in database creation, management, and data extraction in relational databases, including MS Access and/or FileMaker;
· Expertise in SPSS, SAS, and MPLUS for data analysis and data management;
· Facility with complex multivariate statistical techniques;
· MS in Statistics, MPH in Biostatistics, or related master’s degree preferred;
· Proficiency in Python and/or other programming languages preferred.
This position is funded through the CUNY Research Foundation, with part-time or full-time hours negotiated with the appropriate candidate. Full-time employees have access to range of benefits including health, vision, dental, retirement, paid sick leave and paid vacation. HART and the CUNY Research Foundation are equal opportunity employers. Transgender, gender non-conforming people, people of color and individuals with experience within diverse LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities are encouraged to apply. For more information about HART, please visit http://cunyhart.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please include a CV and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and interest in HART’s area of research and email to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Analyst Position.”