Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe:
- Two lead teachers in every classroom and a student-to-teacher ratio of 15:1 creates collaborative, focused, and individualized learning environments for students
- Student engagement, critical thinking, and relationship building are top priorities in the classroom
- Ongoing teacher development and growth are key levers for student achievement
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking passionate and dedicated educators to work in our growing network of four public charter schools in Brooklyn. Ideal candidates are incredibly reflective practitioners, always willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of their students. The most successful teachers in our network love challenges, collaboration, and above all else, educating the whole child.
- Operate professionally, in accordance with our Operating Values and Staff Handbook
- Provide a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies to meet the different needs of students
- Create thoughtful and engaging unit and lesson plans daily
- Submit lesson plans by the Thursday prior to instruction
- Attend and actively participate in all meetings including PLCs, grade level meetings, and PD sessions
- Collaborate with colleagues across content areas and grade levels
- Participate in creating, revising, administering, and grading assessments
- Keep accurate and organized records of student information
- When absent, ensures all substitute plans are clear and thorough
- Provide tutoring to small student groups as required
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences as needed, as well as on-going parent communication
- Support planning for and attend Curriculum Nights and Back to School Night
- Ensure the safety of students at all times
- Assist with non-instructional supervision of students, such as arrival/dismissal, hallway monitoring, substitute teaching, lunch and playground duty, or supervision of extracurricular activities
- Commitment to working in underserved communities
- New York State Teaching Certification, strongly preferred
- 2+ years of teaching experience, strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Education, strongly preferred
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website!