The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving public health and population health practice to support healthier communities, is seeking a Health Communications Associate. The Health Communications Associate will support the Performance Management and Quality Improvement (PMQI) team in managing and coordinating program activities such as the development of resources and materials, and promoting PMQI activities through a variety of outlets and channels, such as PHF’s website, electronic newsletters, outreach correspondence, in-person and remote events, multimedia, and social media.
This individual will also support PHF’s Immunization Program, in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop and disseminate health communications information and resources to immunization professionals across the country
PHF develops effective resources, tools, information, and training for health agencies, organizations, and individuals to help improve performance and community health outcomes. PHF works extensively to convene stakeholders, identify unmet needs, and link academia, public health practice, and healthcare sectors.
· Develop and implement immunization communications strategies, in collaboration with the CDC.
· Assist in analyzing and synthesizing immunization and vaccine-related guidance and clinical information, including the development of plain language summaries.
· Develop promotional materials for immunization and other PMQI initiatives, projects, and events, and disseminate through PHF channels, including the PHF website, newsletters, social media, partner networks, and listservs.
· Develop immunization newsletter, including identifying promotional items, scheduling, drafting, and sending to target audience(s).
· Strengthen and foster collaborative relationships with public health and healthcare partners, customers, associations, funders, and other organizations.
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, webinars, and trainings, and operate video conferencing.
· Manage and update databases for newsletter and partner contacts.
· Prepare materials for conferences and other meetings and coordinate exhibits, as assigned.
· Develop, implement, and monitor work plans.
· Engage and correspond with partners and clients.
· Respond to internal and external requests for information.
· Provide general administrative and technical support.
· Contribute to business development and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in health, communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
· Experience with immunization-related activities a plus
· 2-3 years of relevant professional work experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, competing demands, and responsibilities with competing priorities.
· Ability to summarize health information and communicate clearly to a variety of audiences.
· Experience developing graphics a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Interested candidates are encouraged to APPLY HERE. When applying, provide resume and two writing samples (maximum one page each).
Mailed applications and phone calls will not be accepted.
Visit the Public Health Foundation’s web site at www.phf.org.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving public health and population health practice to support healthier communities, is seeking a Health Communications Associate. The Health…
PHF has an attractive benefits package, with employees eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance on the first day of employment. PHF covers 80% of an employee’s health and dental insurance for those enrolled in our plan. First-year employees accrue annual leave at the rate of 10 days per year; this increases to 20 days per year on the first anniversary. Sick leave is accrued at the rate of 13 days per year.
PHF has a generous pension plan with Lincoln Financial. Employees are eligible for the pension plan at the beginning of their 7th month of employment. PHF contributes an amount equal to 10% of salary to the pension plan, on an annual basis. Employees are 40% vested after two years, 70% vested after three years, and fully vested after four years.
PHF has an attractive benefits package, with employees eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance on the first day of employment. PHF covers 80% of an employee’s health and…
Please send resume and two writing samples.
Please send resume and two writing samples.