1010 Rev James A Polite Avenue
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is threefold (1) to support schools in providing a coordinated data-driven literacy intervention program, (2) to provide students with an English curriculum that ensures students are meeting college ready benchmarks in 9th grade
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement and facilitate the Read 180 reading program within ELA classes and as an intervention.
- Assist teachers with the collection of data, analysis of data results and supports the sharing of findings with all staff.
- Review student achievement and assist with placing students in appropriate reading and writing intervention and support services.
- Teach targeted literacy intervention to small groups of students daily using research-based intervention curriculum and resources.
- Assist students using software and materials related to literacy programs.
- Meet regularly with the classroom teacher to plan literacy instruction that correlates with the individual student’s needs or as requested by the classroom teacher.
- Attend professional development to enhance knowledge of pedagogy and content, especially literacy.
- Maintain and submit accurate and up-to-date management records of all students’ progress.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities related to literacy as assigned by supervisor.
Interacts with: Principal, APs, English Language Teachers
Required Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Literacy 5-12, English Language Arts or Students with Disabilities 9-12 Teaching Certification (or in process of reciprocity)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- Experience with Read 180 and Wilson preferred
Minimum Education Required