660 South Figueroa Street
Established in 1971, the non-profit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthful air. CCA is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change. CCA is known for spearheading innovative policies, such as clean car standards and targeting climate investments to the communities that suffer the worst pollution and historic disinvestment. With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals through policy advocacy, public education and partnering with diverse stakeholders.
About the Position
The Communications Manager is a part-time, 20 hours per week, at will position and is responsible for implementing CCA’s communications activities around our Clean Air Day initiative and promoting the widespread understanding of the organization’s mission, vision and work. Reporting to the Development Director, the Communications Manager works collaboratively with CCA's staff and relevant committees to implement CCA’s communications strategy toward our advocacy and fundraising goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Support Development Director communications activities as needed
· Coordinate communications efforts around a statewide initiative called California Clean Air Day. Related tasks include:
o Provide graphics support to Steering Committee
o Regularly revise website to ensure content is up-to-date
o Coordinate and manage social media messaging
o Develop multimedia content to provide better engagement with our audiences
o Develop content and edit online and print communications
o Develop and maintain adherence to internal style guides
· Work closely with development staff on events-related communications
· Manage relationships with media/communications partners and vendors
· Assist Development Director in developing segmented messaging to ensure target audience engagement
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field preferred
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively about research-related or public policy issues
· Experience translating copy into easily understandable graphics
· Familiarity with graphic design programs such as Canva, Illustrator, Photoshop and others
· Familiarity with social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Repost, Tweetdeck, etc.
· Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email management software
· Exceptional writing, editing, presentation skills, and creative thinking abilities
· Good story teller with the ability to translate program issues and results into compelling narratives and skills to customize communications for a variety of audiences and formats
· Commitment to CCA’s mission
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
· Must be able to move boxes and other items of 10 to 20 lbs.
· Hours may include some evenings and weekends
· Travel is required
Compensation: The salary range for this part-time position is $21,000 to $25,000 per year and includes eligibility for prorated benefits.
Additional Information: Position is located in downtown Los Angeles. The responsibilities listed here are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. CCA reserves the right to modify or change the duties and essential functions of this job at any time. Nothing in this job announcement should be considered as an offer or guarantee of employment. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required