Director of Member Engagement – Program Development and Implementation
- Job posted by Lutheran Services in America
District of Columbia
Position Title: Director of Member Engagement – Program Development and Implementation
About Us / Lutheran Services in America
With over $21 billion in annual revenue, over 250,000 employees and over 300 member organizations nationwide, Lutheran Services in America is one of the largest and most broad-based nonprofit networks of health and social services providers in the United States. Collectively we serve one in 50 Americans every year—providing services to seniors, children, youth and families, refugees, people with disabilities, veterans and those affected by disasters.
Join Lutheran Services in America and work directly with the CEOs and leaders of some of the country’s largest nonprofits. As part of the member engagement team you will lead the symposium design and implementation for LSA’s two signature convenings and other strategic initiatives. The position offers an exciting blend of program design, relationship management, and project management responsibilities. The successful candidate will have experience in the health and human services sector, and the ability to identify and deliver new ways of adding value for members, transforming ideas into actionable activities.
What you’ll do
Lead symposium design and implementation for two of Lutheran Services in America’s signature events: The CEO Academy and the Annual Conference, designing unique programs that are substantive, relevant, reflect ongoing trends, and engage thought leaders and experts in issues that reflect the strategic interests of Lutheran Services in America member organizations.
· Define symposium strategy, approach and session content to achieve learning objectives
· Identify and engage national speakers and thought leaders with expertise in the areas defined by the program design strategy and approach
· Develop a strategy of engagement and personal outreach with members to achieve attendance goals
Lead strategic initiatives, developing projects and products to encourage member engagement
· Work with member organizations to effectively implement strategic initiatives
· Lead project management activities and manage project deliverables of strategic initiatives
· Leverage new partnerships and build relationships with national partners
What we are looking for:
· Experience in the design and implementation of leadership symposiums and convenings, with a focus on health and human services a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated relationship management skills working with a diverse group of stakeholders a plus.
4-6 years relevant experience in nonprofit, healthcare, foundation, research institute, membership organization or equivalent experience.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Health Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field.
Please send a cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Alesia Frerichs, Vice President of Member Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Minimum Education Required