Senior Research Analyst at NYU Furman Center
- Job posted by NYU Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy
Details: Commensurate with experience
Position Description: The NYU Furman Center is seeking a full-time Senior Research Analyst. The Analyst will help manage projects and the work of the NYU Furman Center data team, and will work closely with our multidisciplinary team of lawyers, economists, and urban planners on quantitative projects that address important and timely urban policy issues. The position reports to the NYU Furman Center’s Data Manager.
Primary Responsibilities: Staff and help manage data projects and work of the NYU Furman Center data team.
- Serve as project manager for quantitative research projects, helping to design projects at their inception and providing or supervising the data analysis necessary to execute the project. In particular, manage the State of New York City’s Housing and Neighborhoods, the Center’s flagship annual neighborhood indicators report, and CoreData.nyc, in addition to other projects.
- Train and supervise part-time graduate researchers and monitor their workloads. With direction from the Center’s senior leadership team, allocate project assignments.
- Manage process for receiving and responding to data requests from external organizations.
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing for NYU Furman Center projects.
Qualifications: An advanced degree in public policy/administration, urban planning, economics, applied statistics, data science, or a related field. The candidate must demonstrate strong data analysis skills, organizational and project management ability, analytical thinking, and ability to communicate quantitative findings and complex concepts in writing and orally. The candidate must be comfortable working on a team and must have ability to multitask, respond to shifting priorities, and meet strict deadlines. The candidate should have knowledge of at least one statistical or mathematical software package (e.g., SAS, Stata, R, Python (Pandas/SciPy/NumPy)) and be willing to learn R.
We are looking for a team player with a good sense of humor, a love of numbers, and a curiosity about the world.
Preferred Qualifications: Additional technical experience in relational databases (SQL), geospatial data management and analysis (Esri ArcGIS, QGIS), and open data tools are a plus. The strongest candidates will have an avid interest in understanding cities, public policy, housing, and land use.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The position comes with a salary and a generous array of benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision. Further information regarding benefits can be found here:
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, a work sample (code and final product preferred), graduate school transcripts if applicable (unofficial copies are acceptable), and list of 3 references. Send application materials and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Research Analyst Position” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.