Details: The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
ACLU of Mass.
211 Congress St.
The ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts is hiring a Development Associate to support our growing development team, help execute events and lead research. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer, and will join a team of five. Our ambitious fundraising goals are based on programmatic goals on voting rights, reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, immigrants’ rights, criminal justice reform, open government, digital privacy, and free speech.
Support Development (40%)
- Provide administrative support for Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer and Donor Officers, including; input of contacts into database, meeting preparation, preparation and creation of donor materials, drafting of donor communication, and preparing proactive reports on portfolios.
- Work closely with Database Coordinator and National Database Team to provide proactive reports on portfolio, pledges and financial reports;
- Support execution of donor mailings including quarterly direct mail process including coordination with donor officers, deadlines, external vendors, and coordination of volunteers;
- Support Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer on organizational deadlines and meetings at staff, department and committee level;
- Monitor and track department and grant deadlines, and;
- Collaborate with staff across departments to draft stewardship and cultivation materials.
Event Support (30%)
- Work closely with donor officers and in execution of monthly events for donors including: salons, Amicus luncheons, town halls, Executive Conversations. This includes keeping deadlines for events, identifying and working with venues and external vendors, execution of mailings, management of RSVPs and day-of logistics;
- Provide department wide support for annual Bill of Rights Dinner 1,500 person organizational event in May, and;
- Support and help execute additional donor engagement opportunities.
Research and Database (20%)
- Lead initial prospect research for department;
- Learn and operate the donor database, Salesforce, and serve as a backstop and support to Database
- Coordinator for data input and donor acknowledgements
- Work closely with Database Coordinator on database and interface with Finance.
- Research new foundations to qualify for grants portfolio;
Other Tasks (10%)
- Update acknowledgement letters quarterly;
- Other duties as assigned.
One to four years of relevant work experience preferred. We seek an organized, detail-oriented, team player that is an effective and clear verbal and written communicator. Strong writing or experience creating communications material is desirable but not necessary. Strong belief in ACLU’s work and mission.
We have a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, generous vacation and 401-K matching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send an email with subject line: Development Associate with resume and cover letter describing how your experience and skills meet the requirements for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis until we fill this position.
The ACLU of Massachusetts is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and formerly incarcerated people to apply.