1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
About Power to Decide
Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, believes that all young people should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, realize their full possibility, and follow their intentions. These beliefs guide our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child. We provide objective, evidence- based information about sexual health and contraceptive options, and we work to guarantee equitable access to and information about the full range of contraceptive methods. We are a national, non-partisan organization that is committed to common ground, common sense solutions and catalyzing innovation in the public and private sectors.
Power to Decide seeks an experienced professional to serve as Senior Manager, Programs. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs and will work closely with colleagues across the organization to coordinate and implement the Innovation Next project. They will be responsible for Power to Decide’s work to enable early innovation to address teen and unplanned pregnancy with a focus on digital strategies and Human Centered Design approaches. This will include providing capacity building assistance related to innovation, working with existing partners and establishing new partnerships, representing Power to Decide at meetings, pursuing funding opportunities related to the work, and searching for innovative ways to advance the work. They will also provide support on other programmatic activities as appropriate. Capacity building will specifically involve the development and implementation of two Human Centered Design workshops and additional follow-up support by email, phone, webinar, and in-person depending on the nature of the support. The Senior Manager, Programs will be responsible for coordinating the Power to Decide team supporting Innovation Next grantees.
Please note, this position is funded through a Cooperative Agreement and contingent on the renewal of funding in June 2019. Travel will be required for this position (approximately 35% of the time).
The specific duties of the Senior Manager, Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of training and technical assistance specifically for the Innovation Next project;
- Design, coordinating, and implementing two Human-Centered Design workshops to support Innovation Next awardees;
- Manage selection efforts for Innovation Next;
- Working with consultants and subcontractors to achieve the goals of Innovation Next;
- Creating, reviewing, and editing training and technical assistance tools and resources, in particular those tools and resources related to innovation;
- Contributing to reports and proposals for funders;
- Identifying new potential partners to advance Power to Decide’s work, specifically as it relates to Innovation Next; and
- Engaging and collaborating with other national partners and federal agencies, as needed.
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. The successful candidate will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. They will value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. They will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention, and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in human-centered design, public health, health education, psychology or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant professional experience
- Experience providing technical assistance and training along with a solid understanding of technology, including how to leverage technology to achieve behavior change, and human-centered design
- Experience working on issues related to teen and unplanned pregnancy prevention or adolescent health
- Experience providing technical assistance and training to diverse organizations on innovation and digital development
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A proven track record in supporting digital and innovative efforts to address social challenges. Superb review skills with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill in digital program development, be a strong project manager, and embrace innovation and seek new ways of addressing issues
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to take initiative
- Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently and complete projects on schedule.
- Able to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design principles and of html and Web standards
- Responsible, conscientious, flexible, and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological approach to unplanned pregnancy prevention among teens and young adults
The Senior Manager, Programs is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, and generous leave. Power to Decide is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive, multicultural environment. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, parenting status (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniformed service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required