2525 W. Alameda Ave
About our Union
"Our union is growing and has new opportunities for smart, dedicated, and passionate people looking to work in a dynamic, progressive, and innovative labor union."
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is the largest and fastest-growing union in North America, with 2 million members in Healthcare, Property Services, and Public Services. SEIU is the nation’s largest healthcare union and is working to expand access to quality, affordable and secure healthcare for all. SEIU Local 105 is a growing union and represents over 7,000 healthcare and property service workers in Colorado, but concentrated in the Denver Metro area.
Are you ready to be challenged and inspired? Are you ready to do meaningful work and be part of struggles that you would tell your friends and/or grandkids about? Are you ready to do multi-faceted work that builds power for working people? If so, we want to hear from you!
About the Position
Full-time Internal organizer to support an SEIU Local based in Denver, Colorado
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively recruit and mentor new leaders
• Foster worksite communication and leadership structures
• Develop and execute internal organizing and bargaining support campaigns
• Develop and execute plans for worksite campaigns for specific issues including budget concerns, contract negotiations, health & safety, etc.
• Enforce contracts
• Conduct worksite meetings and labor management meetings
• Encourage participation in political and lobbying activities
• Prepare and manage work plans, calendars, files, reports and other records
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Salary is competitive and flexible based on prior labor or relevant experience and staff union contract
• Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan, car allowance, and paid vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
• Commitment to social justice
• Bilingual (English & Spanish) required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively plan and implement work and manage time, as part of a team and individually
• Willingness and ability to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
• Flexibility for travel based on work assignments
• Experience and knowledge of computer programs is a plus (including word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet and database software)
• Driver's license and reliable car is a must
• Motivated self-starter who is also a solid team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong personal planning and time management skills
• The ability to work with people from other cultures and backgrounds
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume by September 1,2018
To apply email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and qualifications to
Ron Ruggiero President of SEIU Local 105 at email@example.com
SEIU Local 105 is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.