Details: Temporary organizers will be paid approximately $4,300 per month
215 Columbia St
SEIU 775 is hiring 5-7 temporary organizers for a two-month campaign. Organizers at SEIU 775 identify and develop worker leaders, support worker action, and mobilize members and the community to support a pro-worker agenda. Organizers work in coalitions with other unions and community groups to support low-wage worker organizing across industries and across the region and country. Through this work, the organizer will advance the goals of SEIU 775 - lifting caregivers out of poverty, transforming health and long-term care, building strong and sustainable worker organizations, and reducing inequality and increasing prosperity for all working people. SEIU 775 is the long-term care workers union, representing more than 40,000 home care and nursing home workers across Washington State and Montana.
At the end of this exciting two-month campaign, successful organizers may be offered permanent positions with SEIU 775.
Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications: Personal commitment to justice for working people. Bilingual or multilingual fluency preferred
- A drivers’ license, a car, automobile insurance, and a smart phone
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Basic computer literacy and a willingness and ability to learn the organization’s technology tools
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, including overnight travel and assignments
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong personal planning, motivation, and time management skills and ability to work with people from other cultures and backgrounds
- The ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment are considered key components to achieving organizer performance standards
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds/cultures
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Compensation: Temporary organizers will be paid approximately $4,300 per month, and will enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, auto & cell phone allowance, ORCA Transit card, holiday pay, and paid sick leave. Other benefits are available per SEIU 775 policies.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
SEIU 775 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, creed, gender, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, the presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. SEIU 775 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Organizers will enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, auto & cell phone allowance, ORCA Transit card, holiday pay, and paid sick leave. Other benefits are available per SEIU 775 policies.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual and multi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates may submit cover letter, résumé, and three references with current contact information online on the SEIU 775 Career Site, or by emailing required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All email submissions must include "Temporary Organizer" in the Subject of the email. Email applications will not be accepted for any other job opening at SEIU 775.