57 West 57th Street
Founded in 1998 by Leonard A. Lauder and Ronald S. Lauder, the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) was one of the first charities to adopt the venture philanthropy model. Our mission is to rapidly accelerate the discovery of drugs to prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. We are the only charity focused solely on supporting new drugs for Alzheimer’s.
The ADDF’s in-house team of six expert neuroscientists identifies and funds the most promising research initiatives around the world. They work to ensure that every viable option to prevent or treat Alzheimer’s is explored, and that the pipeline of drugs in development for Alzheimer’s is both diverse and robust.
Since 1998, we have awarded over $100 million to fund more than 550 Alzheimer’s drug discovery programs and clinical trials in 18 countries. Today, 20% of all treatments for Alzheimer’s in clinical trials have received support from the ADDF.
The ADDF is seeking to hire a Special Events Manager to join the special events team. The individual must be independent, proactive, energetic and detail-oriented, with a deep understanding and interest in non-profit special events and a positive attitude.
Help facilitate and manage all aspects of ADDF events under the direction of the Director of Special Events:
· Develop and manage event budgets and timelines
· Coordinate event mailings; oversee ticketing and guest lists
· Create detailed Run of Shows and staffing plans and ensure seamless execution of ADDF events by overseeing onsite event staff, volunteers, and venue set-up
· Establish and maintain relationships with key event participants including donors, board members, committee members, and program participants
· Leadership of smaller scale events and initiatives such as ADDF’s charity team for the NYC Marathon (with input/oversight from Director of Special Events as needed)
· Other duties as assigned
· Ensure timely follow-up
· Work with the Database Manager to ensure that all databases (mailing lists, Raiser’s Edge, etc.) are up-to-date and accurate
· Create and distribute save-the-date and invitation e-blasts with Communications team and orchestrate production of event collateral including Save the Dates, Invitations, Journals and more
· Oversee daily activities of event coordinator
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in event planning/development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Proactive and forward-thinking, able to work without close supervision
- Ability to deal with high pressure situations and juggle multiple tasks at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with different levels of management
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
Full medical benefits and 401K plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Special Events Manager” in the subject of the email.
No phone calls, please, and only resumes with accompanying cover letters will be considered.
ADDF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.