Details: Competitive Compensation
610 S. Michigan Ave.
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership seeks a Front Office Coordinator to support Institute-wide administrative functions. The candidate who fills this position will work with smart, dedicated colleagues across the organization on the efficient development and implementation of programs and support structures.
- Handles front office reception and box office phone line. Includes answering and transferring calls, and greeting visitors, faculty members, and students.
- Maintains office operations and procedures, including ordering office supplies, maintaining mailroom, box office, internal room requests, and schedules.
- Coordinates Spertus programs and internal meetings, including material preparation, catering arrangements, and room booking.
- Assists with all core administrative functions, including filing and correspondence.
- Manages office supply requisitions.
- Assist with event-related financial records.
Responsibilities Relating to Academic Offerings and Public Programs
- Coordinates with operational staff to ensure arrangements are made for food service, staffing, room setups, and AV.
- Provides assistance with event management of Spertus public programs.
- Leads box office operations for public events.
- Responds to Box Office phone line, sells tickets online, onsite, and on the phone. Prepares box office reports for accounting.
- Prepares calendar listings, contracts, and invoices.
- Requires some evening and weekend work.
- At least two years of office administrative experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Event management experience.
- Able to work well with diverse constituents, including trustees, donors, and adult students.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, Eventbrite, Reserve, and/or GradPro helpful.
- Able to multi-task.
Primary Reporting Line
Director of Operations
Benefits include paid vacation, subsidized health and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, sick leave, paid Jewish and secular holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and record of success.
Send by email, with "Front Office Coordinator" in subject line, to:
NO PHONE CALLS
Spertus Institute is an equal opportunity employer.