District of Columbia
Global Fund for Children
Global Fund for Children partners to build a world where all youth are safe, strong,
and valued. We pursue this mission by investing in innovative, locally led organizations,
helping them deepen their impact and build their capacity for social change. To further advance and protect the rights of children and youth, GFC supports its partners to engage in grassroots advocacy initiatives to effect policy change from the local level. Since our founding nearly 25 years ago, GFC has invested nearly $40 million in over 600 grassroots organization around the world. Our work advances the rights of children and youth across four focus areas: education; gender equity; youth empowerment; and freedom from violence and exploitation.
The Development Officer of Corporate Giving is primarily responsible for managing and growing Global Fund for Children’s portfolio of strategic corporate partnerships. This position will be responsible for managing some of GFC’s flagship corporate partnerships in the cosmetics and hospitality sector. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to building and stewarding current relationships, researching corporate prospects, preparing presentations, pitches, and proposals to corporations, and ensuring that reporting, and other funder requirements are met in a timely fashion. This individual works closely with the Director of Development to develop and implement creative strategies to secure new partnerships, initiate strategies to encourage current corporate donors to increase their level of giving and engage more fully with the institution, and to achieve and exceed corporate fundraising income targets. In addition, the Development Officer of Corporate Giving will partner with the Development Officer of Institutional Giving when opportunities arise to develop joint engagement and relationship-building strategies for corporate and foundation donors. This position reports to the Director of Development.
GFC seeks to build corporate partnerships that are mutually beneficial in meeting programmatic and organizational objectives, while meeting the needs of partners for business relevance, engaging customers, inspiring staff and assisting in the delivery of CSR targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as the day to day account manager and central point of contact for key corporate partnerships
· Build and develop new relationships with prospective corporate donors and corporate fundraising strategy in collaboration with Director of Development
· Liaise with program and finance staff to share grant requirements and reporting expectations and ensure all deliverables are met
· Maintain corporate donor information in the database, including contact information, dates of and notes from meetings, reporting and submission deadlines, and correspondence with donor staff
· Prepare presentations, solicitation letters, proposals, reports and other fundraising material as necessary. Includes the drafting of budget and financial information.
· Collaborate with GFC’s communication and marketing team on events and campaigns to maximize income potential from all opportunities and partnerships
· Partner as appropriate with Development Officer of Institutional Giving as opportunities arise for corporate donors and prospects to develop joint engagement and relationship-building strategies with foundation donors
· Maintain awareness of corporate funding, CSR trends and industry changes.
· Excellent communication and writing skills, combined with strong organizational and relationship building skills
· Creative and strategic thinking skills, ability to proactively design initiatives and proposals to engage donors and prospects
· Collaborative team player with high degree of personal initiative and accountability
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines independently
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising
· Good judgment, tact, patience, and sense of humor
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software
· Familiarity with children right programming or experience in international development preferred
The position is based in Washington, DC. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
The Global Fund for Children offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please visit our website at www.globalfundforchildren.org to learn more. .
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and writing samples to email@example.com. The position is available for immediate hire, with applications considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted