1037 Silvermine Road
The Silvermine School of Art is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and must be available to work some weekends. The position is highly administrative, strongly customer service oriented, and which contributes towards the smooth operation of the School Office. We are looking for someone who is friendly, patient, can easily adapt to different customer situations and learn new systems. The position provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the operations of a well-established non-profit community art school.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven capacity to apply independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing multiple tasks in a diversified workload.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and motivated with a positive attitude.
- Must have computer knowledge including, but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven success in written communication, including proofreading and editing.
- Team player comfortable with collaborative work environment.
- Registration of students via phone, mail and in person.
- Advices students of course options.
- Notify students of course or workshop changes (postpone, reschedule, or cancel).
- Contact faculty with enrollment numbers; confirm and cancel.
- Work with faculty in all capacities.
- Design and layout all email blasts through constant contact.
- Maintain database in all capacities.
- Update database each semester with new course and workshop schedule.
- Prepare refund requests for school financial manager for canceled classes and workshops.
- Update and edit website for school data, photos and event information.
- Design flyers and posters for school.
- Maintain mailing lists.
- Coordinate and schedule private lessons.
- Non-Profit employment experience.
- Office administration experience.
- Art background helpful.
Silvermine School of Art provides year-round courses designed for full and part-time students of all ages and levels, from beginners to professional artists. In addition to the adult program, the school features courses for junior and youth, Summer Art Programs, and classes for young children and parents to experience art together. A nurturing atmosphere prevails, unstructured enough to encourage creativity through exploration, yet disciplined to provide a solid foundation.
Health and life insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required