65 State Street
MSEA SEIU Local 1989
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
WORKS WITH: MSEA staff, members, vendors, unit payroll departments
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: To process payroll, financial and membership/dues transactions according to GAAP and MSEA-SEIU Local 1989 policies; and to provide support/back-up functions for the IT Specialist position.
JOB DEMANDS: This is a full-time hourly position (40 hours). This position requires strong clerical and human relations skills. A valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle are required.
· Application of bookkeeping principles and methods to the maintenance of specialized accounting and financial records following standard operating procedures
· Ability to compile information and prepare reports
· Ability to work independently, prioritize activities, use time efficiently, and meet deadlines
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, in addition to accounting and database software
· Analytical skills to resolve errors, discrepancies and reconcile data
· Strong communications skills
· Knowledge of rules and regulations for payroll, benefits and taxes (including Sales and Use tax)
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP)
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Process weekly payroll and staff expenses – review for accuracy and adherence to policy
· Track and monitor employee benefits, vacation/sick/comp time, etc.
· Process Accounts Payable accurately, charge expenses and verify member expense requests
· Interact with members, staff, and vendors to ensure accuracy and tracking of expenses
· Process Accounts Receivable including dues, benefits, and contributions
· Maintain tracking of Chapter Financials and distribution of Chapter Allotments
· Process and maintain membership data including application processing, dues batching and reporting
· Interact with various payroll departments in our bargaining units to ensure accurate reporting of dues
· Monitor various account balances to ensure proper funding
· Compile reports for various monthly, quarterly, and annual filing requirements
· Assist in the preparation of reports for the day to day operation of the organization including, but not limited to, Finance Committee, annual budget preparation, Board meetings and Annual Meeting
· Provide administrative support for the Director of Finance and Administration
· Perform back-up role for IT Specialist
· Assist in all areas of Finance and Administration, as needed
· Other duties as assigned
This position is a bargaining unit position. MSEA-SEIU is committed to diversity and encourages women and minorities to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume and references to: Jessica Doody, Executive Assistant, MSEA-SEIU Local 1989, 65 State Street, Augusta, ME 04330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.