2040 S Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Century Foundation (TCF)—a think tank promoting progressive ideas and innovative practical solutions that advance opportunity, equality, and security—seeks a proactive, self-directed, part-time temporary Office Intern in our Washington, DC office.
Position Description Summary:
The part-time Office Intern in DC is responsible for ensuring smooth office operations working with DC staff with the support of New York communications and administrative teams.
Representative Core Responsibilities:
- Basic research assistance (internet and legislative searches) for fellows.
- Compile research into spreadsheets and memos.
- Helping with finalizing research reports (checking references, formatting)
- Participating in meetings and events as appropriate
- Scheduling large meetings (4 plus people)
- Travel reservations
- Scanning receipts, filing reimbursements, and reconciling petty cash
- Researching and adding new contacts to contact lists
- Tracking supplies and ordering with our headquarters in New York
- Opening and sorting mail
- Scheduling repairs with landlord
- Troubleshooting problems with office machines and communications, refilling printer cartridges
- Tidying up common areas (discarding old copies, newspapers and keeping supply room under control)
- Ensuring kitchen is kept clean. Ordering coffee/tea, snacks, etc.
- Ordering food
- Handling room reservations with our building
- Copying materials
- Setting up signage
- Registering guests
- Publicizing events and developing invite lists
- Helping with personalized outreach
Other duties as required.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, able to manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Hands-on experience, willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, supportive, and proactive
- Able to work a consistent part-time schedule, e.g., Monday through Friday 9-2
- Prefer candidates willing to commit to a September - May internship
The Century Foundation is a progressive public policy think tank that seeks to foster opportunity, reduce inequality, and promote security at home and abroad. Founded in 1919 by the progressive business leader Edward Filene, the TCF pursues its mission by conducting timely, non-partisan research and policy analysis that informs citizens, guides policymakers, and reshapes what government does for the better.
TCF has offices in New York and Washington, D.C. Its fellows come from academia, journalism, and public service, but share a commitment to the TCF’s abiding belief in the power of ideas.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No inquiries by third-party vendors and no phone calls please.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including LGBTQ people, people of color, Spanish or Arabic speakers, and people with disabilities.