Details: Salary range is entry-mid level.
472 Myrtle Avenue
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership seeks an enthusiastic, creative and resourceful person to join us as our Sponsorships & Communications Manager. This person will spearhead our corporate sponsorship and individual giving initiatives, and manage communications campaigns and initiatives. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership has served the Myrtle Avenue community in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill since 1999, working with residents, community-based organizations, institutions, businesses, and stakeholders on or near Myrtle Avenue between Flatbush Avenue and Classon Avenue. Our mission is to foster an inclusive, vibrant community anchored by Myrtle Avenue. We do this by engaging and supporting our neighbors, cultivating partnerships, building community capacity, identifying needs, and providing services that connect our neighbors to resources and opportunities.
Development & Fundraising (60% of time)
● Manage a robust corporate sponsorship program for the Avenue, including banners, tree guards and benches, programs, special events, and Myrtle Avenue Plaza
● Launch annual appeals in collaboration with Executive Director
● Cultivate relationships with corporate sponsors and forge new partnerships that will bring resources to the organization and the Avenue
● Support the implementation of pilot individual donor strategies
● Ensure appropriate recognition of donors, sponsors and funders on printed materials and via social media
● Maintain an annual sponsorship calendar with month-to-month projects
● Assist program staff with development of grant proposals to support programmatic work
● Maintain database and track metrics on donor & sponsor retention
Communications (40% of time):
● Lead creation and dissemination of press releases, manage press inquiries, maintain press contact lists, provide analysis of media coverage after major press campaigns
● Prepare and disseminate bi-monthly newsletters via Mailchimp
● Plan and lead communication campaigns, manage PR consultants (periodically)
● Maintain priority contacts lists
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years in a related area, and will enthusiastically embrace our core values: Caring, Innovation, Collaboration, Equity, and Community Engagement.
· Exceptional communication, presentation, and writing skills: story tellers are welcome!
· Resourceful and strong problem-solving ability
· Detail-oriented and meticulous about quality and accuracy
· Possesses a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to dig in to ensure the project progresses forward
· Creative, curious, fast learner, who takes initiative
· Warm, professional, engaging manner in dealing with the public, partners and colleagues
· Comfortable making “pitches” for funding on the phone and in person
· Ability to carry out self-directed work, and to work efficiently in the absence of direct supervision
· Proficiency with computers including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
· Experience working in an office environment, preferably in a nonprofit organization
Schedule and Compensation: Part-time schedule of 20-25 hour work week. This position may require some evening and weekend availability periodically. Salary commensurate with experience. Great opportunity for a graduate student or parent/guardian who requires a flexible schedule.
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
English language proficiency, additional languages are an asset but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and a brief sample that represents your writing style. Please submit electronic copies (PDF) of these to email@example.com by June 12, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Sponsorships & Communications Manager” in the subject line of the email. Applications can also be mailed to 472 Myrtle Avenue, 2nd Fl, Brooklyn NY 11205.