Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter programs offer a comprehensive range of services including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of victims and their families.
Essential Job Functions: The Childcare Aide is responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan and Coordinate age-appropriate activities for residents and their children
- Supervising children while the parents are receiving services or making appointments;
- Caring for infant, toddlers and school age children, which includes feeding, changing diapers, and maintaining a clean environment;
- Observing children's behavior and reporting problems or needs to appropriate staff;
- Attending Staff meetings and trainings as requested;
- Facilitating playgroups for children;
- Assisting with homework;
- Identifying resources and making referrals for parents and children with appropriate services providers in the community;
- Other tasks as assigned
- HS diploma/GED required, childcare certified preferred.
- Two years relevant work experience required, knowledge of domestic violence and child abuse/neglect.
- Experience working with children and families, knowledge of child development and strong interpersonal skills are necessary. Bilingual ability is a plus.
Hours: Full Time, various hours, some evenings
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required