50 Union Avenue
Responsible for coordination of the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention and Healthy Homes Program. Supervise Program Specialists.
- Coordinate lead poisoning prevention and healthy homes education to health care providers, clinics, childcare and faith-based organizations, and other community stakeholders to encourage importance of lead screening throughout eight northern New Jersey counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex Union, and Warren.
- Share eco-healthy childcare information and resources with childcare centers on a monthly basis; provide trainings when requested.
- Coordinate 4 lead poisoning prevention coalitions, which meet quarterly, performing requisite administrative functions (meeting agenda, set-up, editing/distributing minutes, etc.)
- Collaborate with local entities to increase access to the lead and healthy homes presentations and to solicit representatives for the coalition membership (local and county departments, faith institutions, community-based organizations, healthcare organizations, childcare centers, housing departments, etc)
- Share educational materials with coalition members and target communities.
- Plan outreach events and activities with coalition members for Lead Poisoning Prevention Week.
- Represent the Partnership at New Jersey Department of Health Interagency Taskforce on the Prevention of Lead Poisoning meetings and provide CLPPP activity updates.
- Complete quarterly progress reports in the program’s approved format.
- Handle other assignments as requested.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Health Education, or related field preferred.
- Health education/community health experience required.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Ability to speak to large groups of people of varying demographics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
- Medical Insurance Plan w/Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- Long-term Disability & AD&D Insurance Plan
- Flexible Working Schedules
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Marielle Natera, MPH
Director of Community Programs
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Union Avenue
Irvington, NJ 07111
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.