American Bird Conservancy
Deputy Director for Development
Title: Deputy Director for Development
Supervisor: Vice President for Development
Location: The Plains, VA
Application deadline: August 10, 2018
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC) in The Plains, Virginia. The Deputy Director for Development is responsible for a broad array of development duties including: direct fundraising for discrete programs; providing guidance, mentorship, and training for programmatic development officers; overseeing day to day operations of the Development Division; assisting in promoting a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization; coordinating efforts to streamline and enhance donation data management; liaising between Development and Finance Divisions; assisting the Vice President for Development to meet or exceed ABC’s Gold Standards for the Development Division; developing and implementing a full fundraising plan with the Board of Directors and ABC staff; and undertaking other duties as needed. The Deputy Director for Development is supervised by the Vice President for Development and works closely with the President.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of all ABC programs and structures. There is a great deal of contact, in person and by telephone and correspondence, with ABC Board of Directors, staff, members, potential and existing donors, and the public. Work requires initiative, excellent selling and writing skills, ability to multi-task, work in a team, supervise and motivate staff, track and manage data, and attention to detail. Ability to speak and read Spanish and Portuguese helpful.
- Working with the Vice President for Development, coordinate fundraising efforts to meet or exceed annual and long-term fundraising goals for ABC’s programs based on ABC annual plans.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit existing and potential new major donors; bring in major gifts.
- Lead fundraising efforts for discrete programs.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Development Division including training new staff and providing guidance for programmatic development officers.
- Assist the Vice President to ensure that the development division meets or exceeds its Gold Standards, particularly for donor tracking, updates, and reports.
- Assist the Vice President for Development in developing annual Development plans and budgets, maintain donor tracking systems including Salsa CRM, Central Filing System, and spreadsheets, and provide reminders to program staff of upcoming deadlines and donor-anticipated products.
- Benefits include medical, dental, and 403(b) plan.
- Paid vacation days (15), holidays (10+), and sick leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload your cover letter and resume to BambooHR at: https://abcbirds.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=29
If you experience technical difficulties, please send your resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com