21 George Street
The Center for Hope and Healing, Inc (CHH) is a non-profit organization whose mission is dedicated to the healing and empowerment of survivors of sexual violence through counseling, trauma-informed advocacy, and to the prevention of sexual violence through education and community mobilization. We are a multicultural/multilingual social justice organization whose work is focused on ending intersecting forms of oppression and violence. CHH currently seeks a Full Time Web-based Advocate/Administrative Coordinator to staff our new web-based advocacy program and provide administrative support to the organization. This position is responsible for responding to incoming messages, chats, and text through website from survivors and loved ones.
• Provide online crisis support, referrals and information to survivors and loved ones
• Provide web-based support groups
• Provide linguistically and culturally appropriate advocacy
• Organize and maintain up-to-date referral information
• Ensure referrals for agency services and programs are followed up on in timely manner
• Work with communications staff to update/maintain website.
• Provide monthly/quarterly reports and statistics for web-based services
• Assist with reception and greeting guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
• Work with the Executive Director and staff on infrastructure and agency support
• Prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested
• Work with the Finance and Operations Director to order and maintain agency supplies
• Assist with agency projects
• Provide back-up coverage to 24-hour hotline and medical on call
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs or Executive Director
• Advanced Degree, lived experience, or both in field of social work or related human services field
• Work experience in crisis intervention, advocacy and counseling sexual assault or other trauma survivors
• Experience with technology, websites, social media and/or communication
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Experience providing culturally competent programs and services.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal/written
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Trained RCC Counselor or ability to begin Rape Crisis Counselor training within 1 month of hire
• Excellence in advocacy and support, including groups
• Great attention to detail, organization and follow up
• Bilingual in Spanish, Khmer and/or Portuguese and bicultural experience highly desired
• Passion for ending sexual violence and being part of a social change movement
• Experience with multi-ethnic and multicultural organizations
The Salary is commensurate with experience, including a competitive compensation and benefits package. CHH is an equal opportunity employer with an inclusive work environment. Women, survivors, people of color, LGBQ/T individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Please use subject heading: Application for FT Web-based Advocate/Administrative Coordinator.
No calls please.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish, Khmer and/or Portuguese and bicultural experience highly desired
Minimum Education Required