Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing individuals with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make hires with higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers.
Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own non-profit entity, active in 13 countries to date and is actively launching additional sites. Generation USA has programs in 7 cities and is scaling rapidly to support learners across the country.
Reporting to the Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, Generation USA is seeking a Website Manager who will champion our organization’s web presence on usa.generation.org. With our strategic goal in mind of training 500,000 students by 2030, this position will play a pivotal role in recruitment and development communications strategy and work closely with the digital marketing team.
- Lead all UX strategy including research and developing pathways/journeys. Develop wireframes and information architecture.
- Be able to explain concepts and articulate decisions in a clear and simple manner to influence department “clients” and partners.
- Manage web vendors and consultants.
- Responsible for assembling both content strategy and UX design, applying solutions for content organization, navigation, hierarchy, interaction design, and user processes, to create an effective digital experience.
- Champion use of Google Analytics and other data and SEO best practices, designing content structure and hierarchy. Use information to inform staff as well as actions.
- Lead user testing and present results leading to the implementation of new solutions.
- Produce content strategy deliverables in support of overall communications goals, branding, and digital strategy including but not limited to messaging and style guidelines, and editorial calendars to guide the development of an effective digital product.
- Provide content updates and ensuring the accuracy of information in collaboration with broader internal teams.
- Champion implementation of organic SEO tactics, and inclusion of relevant content.
- Lead special projects, including but not limited to: subsites, landing pages, other web-based product implementation, or projects.
- Perform site/product audits for usability, content, and UX best practices.
- Generate reports for analysis and distribution
- Leverage analytics to inform choices and optimizations.
Internal Communications (10%)
- Lead Generation USA’s efforts on the internal web platform “GenInfo.” Champion strategy, content, and ensure cohesion between public and private-facing websites.
- Work in partnership with a larger team, i.e. enrollment, development, learner experience, human resources, operations, to develop cross-platform creative solutions.
- Develop landing pages and forms for digital marketing – and other paid and organic – campaigns.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, implement 'A/B' testing, usability testing, and other testing as needed.
- Work with the digital marketing team to drive consistent website growth through the effective integration of keywords and metadata.
- Understand the goals of our global organization and work in collaboration with their team to ensure a cohesive user experience.
You are a MacGyver of all things web. You know how to work on a small team and get projects done -- sometimes ambiguous. You’re technical in nature but understand how good content drives all communications. You know how to work with other specialties -- creative, social, editorial. You also know how to listen to others outside of communications, interpret their needs, apply your knowledge, and come up with a great solution.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Fluent in new developments in technology and new media trends
- 5+ years of UX design and digital content creation, content strategy experience or experience in a related field.
- A content strategy/UX design work portfolio is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in technical and content-driven SEO
- Experience with CMSs (WordPress preferred, Drupal, or something similar) and basic ability to perform maintenance of digital products.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”