District of Columbia
Generation is a global youth employment organization that helps provide young adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Generation is a non-profit founded by McKinsey & Company, aimed at training and employing youth across 5 countries – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico and India.
In the USA, 6.7 million young adults are out of school and out of work. At the same time, 44% of employers say a skills shortage is leaving them with entry-level vacancies. By bridging the skills gap, we can create impact for both employers and young adults. Generation USA has launched programs in four sectors: healthcare (CNA), customer service (retail sales associate, front desk agent, call center), IT (help desk, network support), and skilled trades (construction helper – NCCER certified). Additional programs can be built out based on employer demand (e.g. medical billing, medical assistant, programming).
Thus far, Generation USA has graduated 1400 young people across 10 cities in just over three years. 95% of supervisors say they would hire a Generation graduate again, and 87% of graduates were ranked above average relative to peers. Participants also recognize the impact of the program, evaluating their life almost a rung and a half higher on a ten rung “life quality and well-being index ladder” between the start and end of the program. We currently operate in Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Miami, FL; San Jose, CA; Birmingham, AL; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE.
Our U.S. team is growing, and we’re looking for an operations wizard to anchor and energize this growth. Role is full-time and ideally based in our DC office. We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial team that moves and grows quickly. In the coming months, we’ll be launching at least 6 new programs across the U.S. As such, this role is of special importance as it will ensure that we have a strong operational backbone that will allow us to move swiftly with planning, scheduling, tight efficiency and responsiveness, and disciplined follow-through.
- Keeping team calendar and scheduling across team, with special support to the US COO and his schedule
- Communicating across the US and Global team, ensuring that meetings are happening and the organization is running at highest efficiency to include:
- owning updates to Employee Manual/Accounting Handbook and pushing updates on a quarterly basis
- maintaining the Employee Manual annual / new hire acknowledgment process
- updating the Slack channel including drafting regular updates from US leadership
- Organizing and tracking contacts via Salesforce and tending to various team metrics
- Event planning and support for Generation gatherings across the U.S.
- Overseeing licensing and compliance issues, working closely with the COO and Director of Finance
- Special projects as assigned
- Tending to weekly routines such as mailing, ordering supplies, liaising with vendors, and operations expense tracking
- Setting up operations systems for greater joy and efficiency (including cost efficiency)
You are an operational guru. You have an exceptional ability to build systems that control chaos. You enjoy problem solving and complex problems. You are at ease with diving into the details but know when to step back to see the bigger picture. You build strong relationships with team members and value diversity while working towards a mission you believe in.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, loves operations and a well-oiled machine (and imagines a career path building on these strengths)
- Fluent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and WordPress a plus
- Ethical, deeply trustworthy
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed and/or at-risk youth
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, thrives in teams of diverse people
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply