Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to support empowering youth-adult relationships throughout Massachusetts. Our vision is that every young person has the opportunity to be involved in empowering youth-adult relationships to create more vibrant and resilient communities. MMP is working with established mentoring programs, youth serving organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, and academic institutions to strengthen the program and organizational practices that contribute to the resiliency of youth, families and communities. We currently work with over 350 programs supporting over 33,000 youth in sustained, consistent and supported relationships by assessing programmatic needs and organizational capacity and providing customized strategies that create stronger and more effective programs and youth-adult interactions.
MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are motivated to address diversity issues within our own work and constituencies with whom we work. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, committed to organizational learning and promotes staff development. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment. Our organization offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the nonprofit sector.
MMP AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring
The AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring Program (AAOM) is a statewide AmeriCorps program that places AmeriCorps members at mentoring programs and youth-serving organizations statewide to help strengthen programs, build capacity and allow them to serve more youth with higher quality mentoring practices. Through a competitive RFP process, hosts sites are chosen to partner with MMP and twenty five AmeriCorps members are chosen and placed across the state. MMP is a scattered site model within the AmeriCorps system and we are proud to have had the opportunity to work with AmeriCorps members over the past ten years.
Mass Mentoring Partnership is looking for a talented, dynamic and service minded person committed to creating and supporting a cadre of diverse AmeriCorps members. This is a full time position reporting to the Sr. Manager of Program Services and is an integral part of the Program Services Team. MMP is committed to building a culturally diverse staff of professionals who are experienced in and motivated to promote quality mentoring practices and build the capacity of the field. The selected candidate will be responsible for the implementation of MMP’s AmeriCorps Program by providing support, guidance and supervision for AmeriCorps Members and site partners. The Program Manager will liaise with all host-site partners to provide ongoing support, training and professional development for all AmeriCorps members. With support from MMP team members, the Program Manager will uphold requirements of the grant and relationships with Massachusetts Service Alliance.
● Work with Sr. Manager of Program Services to lead the development of the overall service strategy and objectives for program
● Directly manage relationships with host program sites
● Manage the recruitment and placement of a diverse group of AmeriCorps Members, with support from MMP Communications and External Affairs team
● Manage host site Request for Proposal and selection process
● Oversee all logistical tasks such as approving/processing member service hours through the MMP systems, coordinating member travel to and from required meetings, tracking project outputs and collecting required data
● Support the AmeriCorps grants process in collaboration with MMP’s Development team
● Supervise (in conjunction with host mentoring program supervisors) and develop the professional growth of up to twenty-five AmeriCorps Members, including performance management, performance improvement, mid-year and end of year reviews
● In collaboration with Managers of Training, develop and implement professional trainings for AmeriCorps members including planning and implementing service orientation, monthly meetings and workshops, service week, and retreats
● Seek out and collaborate with external trainers and consultants as needed.
● Manage corps members to meet standards of performance and AmeriCorps requirements
● Review member monthly reports and journals to monitor progress towards project goals
● Manage member and host site challenges as they arise in order to reach a resolution
Program Evaluation and Continuous Improvement:
● Participate in agency wide efforts to ensure effective development and implementation of evaluation tools while working to improve overall evaluation effort
● Set benchmarks and utilize evaluation results to report on progress towards program goals and make service and program improvements
● Ensure program compliance and adhere to all AmeriCorps reporting requirements in a timely manner
Partnership Development & Alumni Relations:
● In collaboration with MMP’s Communication and External Affairs team, develop partnerships with colleges, universities, community organizations and/or businesses to provide opportunities for member development and enhance program resources
● In collaboration with MMP’s Development team, implement an alumni relations strategy that creates volunteer opportunities and fosters an ongoing commitment to service and youth mentoring
● BA/BS and three years of work experience. In lieu of formal education, five - seven years relevant work experience
● Demonstrated success leading teams in community service and training initiatives
● Experience developing and managing multi-faceted partnerships with community-based partners, especially in the context of an AmeriCorps Program
● Ability to lead AmeriCorps members through successful implementation of program with clear roles, a high level of professionalism, and accountability
● Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
● Strong commitment to and experience developing a diverse and inclusive workforce and working effectively with people with different work styles and backgrounds
● Ability to lead groups, large and small with excellent communication, organization, and motivation skills
● Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
● Youth development background; knowledge of mentoring and/or passion for mentoring strongly preferred
● Experience using technology for training and knowledge sharing a plus
Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to support empowering youth-adult relationships throughout Massachusetts. Our vision is that every young person has the opportunity to be involved…
Please email a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity and why it interested you to Janeen Smith, Senior Manager of Program Services, to HumanResources@massmentors.org, subject line “AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring Program Manager”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Mass Mentoring Partnership provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Please email a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this…