Details: Salary: $49,000.00 - 55,000.00 Temporary
550 Kearny St.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Department: Equity Team
Reports to: Director, Regional Learning
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Temporary Job Development Specialist works as a part of team that engages employers as partners in a spectrum of workforce readiness, job placement, and career pathway programs led by United Way Bay Area. This is a full-time, temporary, 6-month position between November 1st, 2018 – April 30, 2019, working 37.5 hours per week, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position dependent on funding and performance.
The Temporary Job Development Specialist works both in the office and off-site to attend, facilitate, or support events in the community. The Temporary Job Development Specialist position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and organized individual to be a part of UWBA’s Equity Team. The Equity Team provides technical assistance grant funding, and program management for partners supporting people living in poverty. Together, with our partners, we provide a variety of services targeting early school aged children, youth, young adults, parents, and older adults.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit and secure 50 job opportunities for youth and young adults (employment and/or internships)
- Manage caseload of 40 or more existing employer partners to participate in workforce development activities and work-based learning opportunities.
- Establish new employer relationships with at least 5 new employers
- Recruit and procure 50 employers to participate in Annual Youth Resource Fair through tabling or interviewing
- Manage employer, event, hiring, communication, and outcome information in Salesforce
- Communicate progress regularly to the team
- Support other team goals as assigned
Who you are:
- At least two years' experience working in sales of services and/or customer service or experience in job development and employer engagement
- Ability to quickly learn and develop processes
- Self-directed, assertive, and a creative problem solver
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative
- Good time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills including the use Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work as a team member within a collaborative setting across teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively with clients, employers, co-workers, and referral sources
- Highly organized with attention to detail
Salary: $49,000.00 - 55,000.00 Temporary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
Minimum Education Required