4500 Frankford Avenue
Asylee Women Enterprise is a 501 (c) 3 with a mission to proivde housing, community and companionship to men, women and children seeking asylum and other forms of legal relief. We are the largest housing provider for asylum seekers in the Mid-Atlantic. AWE began in 2011 and has quickly grown to serve more than 100 individuals through one or more of our services: Housing, Employment & Education Programs, Hospitality Hours, and Compansionship. Our model uses a strengths-based approach coupled with a community building focus.
We are looking for an experienced social worker to provide case management and advocate for our community members. This position is full-time and will be located in our Baltimore office.
- Conduct new client orientation and intakes, assess client needs, and develop individualized social service plans;
- Provide comprehensive strengths-based case management and to include culturally and linguistically appropriate referrals for legal, medical and mental health care;
- Develop goals and timelines prioritizing client needs to achieve goals with the client (including employment/vocational assistance and referrals);
- Assist clients in filling out applications for immigration needs, public benefits, educational classes, and other relevant services;
- Accompany clients to appointments as needed and collaborate with other agencies to provide client with requested services and advocate for client as needed;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team;
- Participate in fundraising activities for the organization;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing case management services to immigrants, refugees or asylum seekers;
- Experience working with low-income immigrant populations and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, or other forms of gender-based violence;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize client needs and grant requirements;
- Bachelor's of Social Work required, MSW preferred;
- Eligible for LBSW or LGSW;
- Strong attention to detail and organization;
- Experience working in a grant funded program;
- Strong social work documentation skills;
- Second language required (preferably French or Spanish), a language assessment will be administered; and
- We encourage applications from people of color, women, and members of immigrant communities.
Three weeks paid vacation.
Health, vision and dental insurance.
Possibile work from home one day per week.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish, English/French or English/Arabic required. A proficiency test will be administered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send an email with the subject line "Case Manager" and the following documents to Tiffany Nelms at email@example.com .
- Cover Letter
- 3 References
- One page writing sample
Incomplete application packages will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. Please no calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity STATEMENT: Asylee Women Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. AWE encourages applications from all qualified individuals and does not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status as those terms are defined under applicable laws.