Finance and Operations Associate - Project on Middle East Democracy
- Job posted by Project on Middle East Democracy
Details: Commensurate with experience
1730 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
POMED is currently hiring a Finance and Operations Associate to help manage the finances, accounting, and daily office needs of a dynamic and fast-paced organization. Job responsibilities will entail financial management and grant accounting, event organization, and general office management and support.
The Finance and Operations Associate will be responsible for:
Finance and Grants Administration (50%)
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Strategic Development and in collaboration with POMED’s external accounting firm:
- Input weekly transactions into Quickbooks and manage POMED’s daily accounting needs.
- Help manage organization and program-specific accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure consistent coding and financial reporting according to funder needs.
- Support the preparation of tax documents, including Form 990, and independent and internal audits.
- Oversee grant-specific and organization-wide compliance efforts and work with program staff to monitor and report on grantee spending.
Event Management & General Office Management (35%)
- Collaborate with POMED staff to plan and execute public events and activities including panel discussions or conferences, as well as smaller private roundtable discussions and workshops;
- Assist with occasional travel arrangements which may include the coordination of visits to Washington by leading experts, activists, and reformers from the Middle East and North Africa and travel arrangements for staff members to and from the MENA region;
- Ensure the smooth functioning of POMED’s office by fulfilling miscellaneous office management needs as they arise;
Assistant to Executive Director (15%)
- Aid the Executive Director in scheduling, correspondence, and related tasks as needed;
- Successful applicants will be extremely organized and highly motivated individuals with at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant financial management, grant accounting, and Quickbooks experience is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, comfortable multi-tasking, and detail-oriented.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in democratic change in the Middle East and North Africa and a strong commitment to POMED’s mission and principles.
- Native (or equivalent) fluency in spoken and written English is required; Arabic and/or French proficiency is a plus.
POMED offers a generous and competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Native (or equivalent) fluency in spoken and written English is required; Arabic and/or French proficiency is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 page writing sample to email@example.com in a single email with the position title in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications on February 13 and continue reviewing them on a rolling basis until the vacancy is filled. Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls.
The Project on Middle East Democracy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Project on Middle East Democracy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.